𝖆𝖗𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑'𝖘 𝖈𝖗𝖞

Sixth year started when the seventh seal broke.

Boom.

It was a buzzing sound that shattered the clouds and Jegudiel was poised stoic as he looked down his nose.

I watched in agonizing wonder as he gestured his arm out and hail and fire mingled with blood dropped off his robes and fell to the earth. Burning up the trees and flowers.

Boom.

Selaphiel's wings stretched out, twitching and yawning, ready to take flight.

The mountain he threw burned and crumbled into ash, disappearing in the oceans which transformed into crimson.

Boom.

Gabriel stepped forward, rolling his shoulders and sobbing, his tears dripping with toxicity and he poisoned the waters of the earth.

Men dying left and right from drinking its bitter taste.

It was all they had left to purge the thirst they felt clawing at their tongues.

Boom.

With his ember eyes Uriel stood up, thrusting his sword at the sun, its light bleeding out and catching the blade in an eternal flame. Casting the world in a void of darkness.

Not even the moon could save us now.

The final call before the trumpets of woe.

Boom.

The fifth one jumped, people screamed as they watched Michael plummet to the unforgiving ground.

My breath hitched.

Then his wings unfurled.

His voice a wail.

Woe, woe, woe, to those who dwell on the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!

The Star then fell.

The ground shattered, and from the bottomless pit inky blackness seeped out like a gash.

I barely had time to blink before scorpion tailed war horses tore out from hell. Their teeth sharp with golden crowns made of thorns.

Boom.

Raphael commenced the second woe.

Leading troops of a hundred million. Spreading plagues of fire and smoke and brimstone.

My eyes watered. I tried to call out to you but ash caked my insides.

Boom.

I cried when Barachiel lowered the golden trumpet from his lips, a cruel smile adoring his features and his nimbus was that of gods glory.

Heaven screamed.

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign forever and ever.

I wanted to hold you.

It was all over.

Humanity had perished.

The world ended.

Or at least that's what it felt like.

You were different. Something had happened over the summer.

We didn't talk.

So I couldn't ask you.

My answer was found in a prophet.