𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖊𝖘

How dare he?

  I had the inkling he wasn't human, but fuck.

  Now Tom would stare at you, his eyes blazing and a boyish smirk on his lips and I'd crumble at the sight of you blushing.

  I'd watch as guilt then laced your mouth as you remembered you were dating Scott.

  But this was Tom Riddle.

  If he wanted you, he'd have you.

  And I couldn't do a damn thing about it.

  I was sworn to him, his loyal knight. My armor made from the night sky and the chain mail crafted from the lies he wove so elegantly.

  I was trapped and it was my fault.

  And he was luring you in to punish with me.

  Look what I can have so easily. Yet you're struggling as if your legs are broken. Isn't that funny?

  Yes, my Lord.

  I wanted to pitch my self off the highest tower I could find.

  Riddle wasn't interested in you. I'm not being a dick, I'm being honest. He didn't care for beauty in people. But if he saw you as valuable, then he'd turn on the charm.

  The only love Riddle experienced was for power and materialism.

  Not that he craved to be rich, no. He didn't give a damn about money.

  He was in it for the game.

  And he'd chosen you as a chess piece and it was my fault and I'm sorry.

  Ophelia I'm sorry.

  Words I wanted to shout at you but it wouldn't make sense and you would think I'm insane.

  Maybe I am.

  Maybe I'm your Hamlet.

  If that's the case perhaps you're better off with Riddle, he protects his investments.

  He'd mutter compliments to you, comment on how stunning your work was, he liked your hair, he liked your wand work.

  He liked.

  He liked.

  He liked.

  He lied.

  Constantly.

  That was his love language and I prayed you were fluent.

  The only thing I could tell he was mildly taken by was your ability to hold a conversation.

  Again, you never asked him for anything and you never gave anything.

  You never complimented him.

  You never stared at him.

  You never stumbled when you talked to him.

  You never offered to do anything for him.

  The only thing that gave you away was that god forsaken blush.

  I watched as he rested a hand on the small of your back and my grip slipped on a phial and my potion exploded.

  Slughorn wasn't happy.

  But you laughed and I felt better.

  It didn't last long because you looked at Riddle and shared a knowing glance.