Chapter Thirteen (B): It All Comes To A Close

(You might want to go back at read Chapter Twelve first!!)

Spencer and Kellin stand side by side, breathing heavily. Zak's body lays on the ground, unconscious from where Kellin hit him over the head with a chair. It was the only thing Kellin could think to do.

"Nice one, Kel," Spencer says.

"Thanks, gorgeous," he replies.

"Even after almost being attacked by a demon, you're still a flirt!" Spencer says, laughing. Kellin winks at her and then gives her a quick kiss.

"God, I love being with you," he says. Spencer blushes and he kisses her again.

As soon as their lips touch Detective Iniesco and Office Walters come through the door. The pair is oblivious and doesn't notice them until Officer Walters clear his throat rather loudly.

They spring apart, but Kellin quickly laces an arm around Spencer's shoulders. "So um what exactly happened in here?" Detective Iniesco says looking at the unconscious teen on the floor. Kellin then proceeds to tell the two men what happened.

With Zak still unconscious, Kellin has time to call a priest who preforms an exorcism. With Zak now free of the demon, all four other people leave the room while doctors and nurses attend to the severely concussed boy.

When Zak and Spencer walk out into the waiting room, fingers interlocked, Grace tackles the red head to the floor.

"Holy shit, Spencer, I thought you were dead. Jesus Christ, our last real conversation would have been an argument and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happened," she says, practically suffocating Spencer from how tight she was hugging her.

Once she let Spencer go, she and Beck went to go check on Zak, leaving Spencer and Kellin alone again.

They sit side by side in the plastic chairs in the waiting room. The silence between them is comfortable and gives them each time to think everything that just happened over.

"Well that was interesting," Spencer says.

"Just a warning, since we're a couple now, this is just the beginning of the weird stuff. Being a paranormal investigator has its perks but it also involves the weird creep shit like that," Kellin says.

"I can handle weird creepy shit. Let's just hope for less possessions and demons down the road," Spencer says.

"Agreed." Kellin leans over and kisses her and Spencer can't help but smile. So many things had gone wrong in life and now it seemes things were finally taking a turn for the better. Grace and Beck return after a couple minutes.

"How's Zak," Kellin asks. He had hit him pretty hard over the head with the chair and wanted to make sure he didn't hurt him too badly.

"He'll be alright. Just some slight head trauma, nothing serious," Beck says. His American accent had resurfaced, completely covering his British one.

"Thank God this is all over," Grace says, leaning up against Beck's side. He slings an arm around her and holds her close.

"Are you two a thing?" Spencer asks.

"No, we're just friends," Grace answers.

"For now," Spencer says, giving both of them a wink. Officer Walters calls Kellin over to go over exactly what happend. He kisses Spencer lightly on the lips and strides over to the police officer.

"So you and Kellin?" Grace asks, elbowing Spencer in the ribs and smirking.

Spencer laughs and her cheeks heat up. "Kel's perfect, Grace. He treats me like a princess. He's a helpless romantic and a total sweetheart," she says, a smile crossing her lips just by thinking of Kellin.