Chapter Thirteen (A): The Beginning Of The End

ENDING A

Detective Iniesco grows pale as he enters the hospital room. "Randy-" he starts to say but Officer Walters is already one step ahead of him, covering the door with a sheet. He didn't want the kids to have to see this. He carefully steps over broken pieces of the chair that used to sit in the corner of the room.

"Oh dear God," is all he's able to say as he looks at the room.

Officer Walters turns around to survey the room and has to lean against the wall to keep from falling to the floor. "What has he done?" he asks, his mouth gaping. He sees Zak in the corner, body limp and unconscious. "Do we get him up? Grace said he possessed by a demon," he asks Detective Iniesco.

"We need to know if the demon's still there," he says while looking at his friend's intern. He walks over to Zak and gently shakes his shoulder. Zak's eyes flutter open and to Detective Iniesco's relief, they're back to their unique hazel color. Before he has time to look around the room, Detective Iniesco covers his eyes with his hand. He leads him out of the room before Zak has time to realize what he's done.

Once in the waiting room, he makes Zak sit in one of the chairs and tells him not to move. He makes Grace and Beck watch over him to make sure he doens't pull any shenanigans.

Officer Walters looks around the room, eyes full of tears. He tries to wipe them away but they are replenished within seconds. He lets out a quiet sob and then tries to regain his composure. Detective Iniesco returns and lays a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"It's always hard when they're so young," Detective Iniesco says to him. "Especially when you knew one well." All Officer Walters can do is nod as he looks at the floor that's covered in crimson liquid.

He forces his eyes to look around the entire room. It hurts him so much that he has too look back at his feet again.

He can't bare to look at the dead bodies of Spencer Neil and Kellin LaCerente.

"How in God's name are we going to break it to them?" Officer Walters asks. He didn't want to be the one to tell Grace, Beck, and Zak. Especially when Zak was, in a way, the one responsible for their deaths.

"I have no fucking idea," Detective Iniesco says. "How in God's name are we going to file this? We can't convict your intern if he was possessed, but it's going to be harder than hell to convince a judge of that."

"Nevermind that, what about the kids?" he says. He really didn't want to have to tell them. He couldn't bear to see their reactions. He knew Zak would take it the worse, since he already felt responible for his parents' death. He did not need to tack two more deaths on to his guilty consicous.

As the two police officers look at the bloody, mutilated body's of the two teenagers, the feeling of sadness sets in either further. There are deep scratches covering all their limbs and large slashes, tearing their clothing. Their hands are intertwined and Kellin has one arm wrapped around Spencer protectively.

Lying next to them is a pocket knife. The handle is covered in blood. As they examine the floor closer they see a message is carved into it.

"I DIED LOVING HER"

It was written in big, capital letters. The lines were shaky, most likely because Kellin's hand must have been shaking from blood loss and having to see the love of his life die in his arms. Beneath the message were their initials sloppily carved in as well.

"S.N & K.L."

But beneath that was one last message the broke the two officers' hearts the most.

"SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN MRS. SPENCER LACERENTE IF WE HAD MORE TIME"

Tears are streaming down both men's faces as they look down on the star crossed lovers' bodies. It was so beautifully tragic, but it left a bitter taste in your mouth all the same.

"We've got to tell them," Officer Walters says.

"I don't know if I can do it Randy," Detective Iniesco says.

"I'll handle it, Frank. You take care of the legal side of this," he responds. He braces himself and then leaves the room after drying his eyes and collecting himself.

* * *

It feels like an eternity as the three friends wait for someone to tell them what's happened. Zak remembers nothing after seeing his father's ghost and is just as lost as Beck and Grace. All they know is that Zak is covered in someone's blood, whether if it's his own or not, they do not know.

Grace stands up as she sees Officer Walters comes out of the hospital room. The two boys join her, but Zak is so weak he has to sit down again.

Officer Walters' face is grave and pale and Grace grabs Beck's hand for comfort.

"I- I don't know how to tell you this, but-but Spencer Neil and Kellin LaCerente are no longer with us," he says. As soon as the words come out, Grace breaks down into uncontrollable sobs, crying into Beck's chest.

Silent tears roll down both Beck and Zak's cheeks as the reality sets in.

"It was me. Oh fuck, I killed them. Shit, I'm a fucking murderer. Oh my God," Zak says, putting his head in his hands.

"Zak, you were possessed. You didn't know what you were doing! This isn't your fault!" Beck says, trying desperately to comfort his best friend.

Officer Walters pipes in, "We don't have official times of death, but we're almost certain Spencer died first. We think Kellin died shortly thereafter. I'm so sorry," he says.

He then quickly pulls Grace aside. "Don't let Zak do anything stupid. He's going to blame himself and I have a strong feeling he's going to try to pull something," he says. Grace nods and then returns to mourn and grieve with her two friends.

She had no idea how she was going to cope with the loss of her best friend. She had known Spencer forever. They were practically sisters and now she was gone. And the last real conversation they had had was an argument about her running off with Kellin.

How was she going to tell her parents? How was she going to tell All Time Low and all the other bands' posters Spencer had been working on? How in God's name was she going to get the courage and ability to put together a funeral?

With a fresh wave of pain and grieve setting in, Grace slumps into a chair beside Zak and cries. For Zak for being in the position of feeling like he's guilty. For the two officers who discovered their bodies. For Spencer's parents who haven't even realized they've lost their daughter. For Beck for having to witness his possessed friend first hand. For herself for having to lose her best friend. But mostly for Spencer and Kellin for they did not get enough time on this earth. They were robbed of a happy life with each other which would have ended in marriage and children and a new home out in Baltimore. For Spencer and Kellin because they never got to experience anything else life had in store for them. For Spencer and Kellin because they died loving each other but never got that chance to enjoy each other's company as an official couple. For Spencer and Kellin because 18 and 19 is far too young to die.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Plot twist? Thanks for reading! Votes and comments are great! Sorry this was short but I figured it was a lot to take in all at one time! Remember this only one of the two endings!

~AboveTheGlory