Epilogue

(This is for the B ending since I kinda put an epilogue in the last chapter of the A ending already.)

*Eight Months Later*

Zak found himself in a familiar position, leaning up against a wall at a black tie event all by his lonesome. His arms are crossed, his tuxedo jacket draped across his shoulder having been taken of within twenty minutes after he arrived. There are far more people at this event than there was at the retirement party several months back. A List celebrities were scattered throughout the large room. Zak even thought he might have seen Emma Watson walk passed him earlier. What she was doing at a paranormal investigation company's end of the year banquet was besides him.

"If everyone could take their seats please, the presentation is about to begin," Terrance, a KLC Paranormal Investigations employee, says into a microphone. Zak heads over to his table. It's a round table covered in a white table cloth. There's three candles in the center, the flames casting shadows onto the table. There's five chairs situated around the circular table with name cards in front of each seat. Zak was seated between Beck and Kellin. Grace was sitting next to Beck and Spencer was sitting between Grace and Kellin, across from Zak. He looked at Grace and was floored. She looked stunning in her black dress. It had a sweetheart neckline and was cinched at the waist. It was simple, yet elegant and Zak couldn't help but think of how great she looked. However, he quickly pushed that thought out of his head as he saw Beck reach for her hand and her cheeks heat up from it.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming out tonight. KLC Paranormal Investigations has had a great year this year. Our company was voted as the Number One Paranormal Investigation Crew in the country," Kellin says up on the stage at the front of the room. Zak had been so distracted by Grace he didn't notice him leave the table.

"As for next year, I can't wait to add to very special people to my team. Please enjoy this video, welcoming our two newest additions to the crew," he says before returning back to the table. The lights dimmed and everyone's eyes flicked up to the screen.

A deep announcer voice came over the speakers. "Kellin LaCerente has always been a lone wolf on investigations." The screen shows a video off of one of Kellin's night vision camera from one of his investigation. In the video, a chair on one side of the room was lifted off the ground and thrown at the wall just above Kellin's head by an unknown force. "But next year, two new added investigators will join him, making their team unbeatable. "Zak Rider: confident, strong, dependable." The screen shows an image of Zak at a crime scene, leaning up against a brick wall, arms crossed, pistol hanging loosely in his hand. "Spencer Neil: bold, rebellious, unpredictable." It showed Spencer standing in a door way, hands on either side of the door frame, fiery hair blowing behind her. The screen then switched to a picture of all three of them. Spencer stood in the middle, with Kellin and Zak on either sides. All of their arms were crosse with intense music in the background. "Together they make the KLC Team of Three." It the showed the three of them walking away with aviator sunglasses on as an explosion erupted behind them. The screen then turned black and the lights slowly came back up to normal intensity.

Zak, Kellin, and Spencer all stood up at their table and were met with applause and cheers from all sides. "The KLC Team of Three is ready for action!" Kellin said just loud enough for them to hear. Zak had a big smile etched across his face. Maybe he had finally found a place where he belonged.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Alright this book is officially DONE! But don't hang your head just yet! This is the first book in the KLC Investigations series! This series will be a four book series and the second book shall be up soon! It will be called "Spencer Neil: Escaping the Flames". The third book will be called "Grace Martin: London Bound". And lastly the final book will be called "Zak Rider: Losing Ground". Should be a great series and I'm so exited to write all of them! This will be most likely the longest series I'll ever write, so I hope you've fallen in love with the characters as much as I have! Special thanks to geekychic13 for all the pointers and putting up with my ridiculous updating schedule! I promise I'll try to get better at posting more frequently! Thanks for all the votes and comments on this chapter and the entire book! Until next time,

~AboveTheGlory