Chapter Three: You've Got To Help Me Find The Old Man!

*WARNING: Lots of cursing in this chapter! Just a heads up!*

The next morning when Zak enters the station, none other than Kellin LaCerente is sitting in Officer Walters' office. Zak groans internally as he sees the black haired male. He still didn't like the idea of a paranormal investigator joining in on a police investigation. Zak went into his own office, right across the hall from Officer Walters'. The door ways were right across from each other, so Zak was forced to look at them. The other intern, a 19 year old girl named Grace, was practically drooling over Kellin from the front desk. Grace and Zak had both started working for the station at the same time.

Zak sets his bag down loudly out of frustration because Kellin is there. He cuts on his laptop and is logging in when someone says, "What's up, Zak-Attack?"

Zak looks up to see Grave leaning on the door frame. "He irks me," Zak replies, gesturing towards Kellin.

"Why, because he's hotter than you?" She smirks at him as the words leave her lips. 

"No!" Zak growls. He glared over at Kellin. He hated to admit it, but Kellin was more attractive than him.  Zak's hair was a coppery shade of brown and his hazel eyes had a darker ring around the iris and the color got lighter, almost to a yellow, as it got closer to the pupil. Then there was Kellin with his jet black hair and massive green eyes. He was tall, but not too tall, and had killer biceps. He looked like the kind of guy you would see at a metal or hard rock concert, while Zak looked like your average boy next door.

"Someone's jealous!" Grace says in a sing song voice. Zak rolls his eyes and turn his attention back to his laptop. 

"Shut up, Grace," he responds, never taking his eys off of the screen.

"Well, someone woke up with their boxers in a twist!" she responds, heading back to the front desk to ogle over Kellin some more, not even trying to pretend to be doing any actual work. Zak pulls up his email, checking for anything important. One new messages catches his eye, one from kellinlacerente@klcparanormal.com. He groans in disgust but opens the email anyway.

"Zak,

You're going to need to read up on the things we're going to be dealing with in this investigation. You have to be well informed when you're dealing with the paranormal. We don't want to add to the death toll. Go to this website.

-Kellin LaCerente

Paranormal Investigator

KLC Paranormal Investigations

Green Bay, Wisconsin

Zak clicked on the hyper link listed in the email. It took him to a site entitled "The Paranormal Encyclopedia: Everything You Need To Know About The Supernatural". Zak then spends the next five hours reading everything the site has to offer. By his lunch break, he is still skeptical about the whole 'demon' things, but can almost see where Kellin was coming from with the three sets of three scratches at three in the morning almost screaming 'demonic'.

After his break, Zak returns to his office to do research on the other victims to see if there is any similarities between the cases. The other three victims were teenagers as well, all under 20. The first was a boy named Derek Fisher, the second a girl named Jasmine Walsh, and the third a boy named Chesden Bouwler. All three deaths had occurred somewhere between three and four in the morning.

The next thing Zak discovered is what scared him the most. All three had three sets of three scratches. As he reads over the causes for death on all three files, his hazel eyes grow wide and his breath catches in his throat. He double checks, then triple checks all three files just to make sure his eyes aren't deceiving him.