Chapter Eight: Am I More Than You Bargained For Yet?

"And you've never been part of a paranormal investigation?" Kellin asks as he and Spencer sit side by side on the curb outside Zak and Beck's apartment building. The other three were inside but Kellin and Spencer had elected to stay out a little while longer.

Spencer shakes her head. "Nope, closest I've come is watching some ghost movies."

Kellin lets out a low whistle. "You've got way to much skill to be a rookie," he says.

She laughs and replies "It's true! I've never done anything like that before!"

"Well any paranormal investigator would be jealous of the way you picked up on things in there. I would love to have you on my team any day," he says, a smile tugging at the edge of his lips. His large green eyes shine brilliantly from the street lights in the parking lot.

Spencer scoots closer to Kellin as the night temperature continues to plummet even farther. He wraps his arm around her shoulders and pulls her close as she leans into his side. "I'd be more than happy to join you whenever you'll have me," she says, looking up at him from under the hood of her jacket. Her red hair sticks out of the hood in messy curls and falls to just past the middle of her upper arm. The a cold Wisconsin wind keeps blowing it into her face and she has to keep pushing it back.

"We should probably go inside," Spencer says. The cold was starting to make her shiver.

"But I like it just being the two of us out here. I still want to get to know you better," Kellin responds.

Spencer sighs. She did like it just being the two of them out there, talking about everything under the sun. "Well how about we go inside, but we go somewhere away from the others? Nothing dirty, though."

Kellin laughs. "Wouldn't dream of it," he says standing up. He holds out his hand to help her up off the ground. She takes hold of his hand and pulls herself up. They walk over to the elevator, hands still intertwined. Spencer's cheeks are red, but Kellin can't tell if it's from the cold or their hands.

When they reach the apartment, Spencer unlocks the door. As soon as they make it through the door way, Zak calls out, "There's the two love birds! Did you make out with her yet, Kellin?"

"No, that's not how you treat a lady. I would never disrespect Spencer like that," he says, never letting go of her hand.

"Now if you'll excuse us, I was going to show Kellin some of my work. C'mon, Kel," Spencer says. Kellin smiles at when she abbreviates his name. No one had ever done that before. She leads him by the hand to the guest bedroom turned graphic design studio.

She opens the door and Kellin looks around the room, taking in everything. The walls are a soft grey color and there are framed posters hung up. "I work mostly with pop punk and post hardcore bands, but I do a few for charities and nonprofits from time to time," she says, sitting down in the spiny chair at one of the two desks in the room. One desk was used for drawing and sketching out ideas, logos, fonts, and other images, while the other had a computer complete with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator along with an expensive laser printer.

Kellin looks at the posters hung up on awe. They looked so professional and like it took an entire team of people to make them, not one eighteen year old girl.

"Right now I'm working on some for three local bands, one for an animal shelter, and one for the upcoming All Time Low and Yellowcard double headlining tour," Spencer says, proudly. She couldn't believe that Jack Barakat, the lead guitarist of All Time Low, had called and asked her to do it himself. She had almost fainted and had screamed like a four year old at Christmas after they'd hung up. But over all, she thought she had handled the situation rather well.