#. We're broke

Linh bounded over to the Halloween decorations. After 3 years of dating, she had finally moved into my place. This was our first time going grocery shopping, and I'm PRETTY SURE she completely forgot we're broke. 

"OOH look, Marella! For the kids in our building!"

"Linh, we have stuff for Halloween already! We just need stuff for Dex's-OH MY GODS IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS!?!?!?"

I ran over to the costumes-don't ask me why they sold them in a grocery store-and tried one on. Linh laughed in surprise. At least that's what I hope it was. 

.......

She was wearing a unicorn one-sie. And it was adorable. Don't get me wrong, she's almost always adorable, but Marella! My almost-arsonist, edgy girlfriend, was wearing a light pink fluffy unicorn one-sie. And I loved it. But with all the things in our cart already, I had no idea how we would be able to afford it. How to tell Marella, that was even more confusing. 

We continued through the store, possibly grabbing 23 things, only 2 were what we were sent to get. Long story short, we were gonna be broke after this. 

........

"And your total today will be $250. How would you like to pay?"

Linh and Marella looked at each other, then started blubbering. 

"Maybe we don't need the marshmallows-"

"Cheetos are too expensive-"

"You need a sale-"

"We don't need orange AND black-"

"NO MILK-"

"The costume's way too expensi-"

"THE COSTUME STAYS!" Marella yelled, ending the blubber. The cashier looked at them, bewildered.

"...So is that gonna be cash?"

.........

I opened the door to Marella and Linh.

Wearing matching unicorn onesies.

Not carrying the ingredients Dex sent them to get.

And instead eating a full bag of Cheetos. 

"...hey, Sophie...?" Linh said nervously.

"...You had one job."

Early in the morning, SHE SAID. It will be fun, SHE SAID.

Lol, sorry it's short, and a little late, annnnnnd!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!