7: Surprise in store?

I was really confused.

I sat sprawled on the floor in Al's hot pink rug. Al and Rachel were snacking on a bag of chips, Harper was hugging a giant stuffed bunny.

"I mean, he just kissed me suddenly and he wants to head home," I ranted. "What the heck happened?"

Rachel and Al exchanged a glance, almost as if secretly... I shook the thought off.

Harper frowned, clutching the stuffed toy closer. "What made you think of the pink bear?"

Al and Rachel's heads perked up, suddenly very curious.

"Yeah... What Harper said makes sense. What made you think of it in the first place?" Al's eyebrows knitted together.

I blushed a little. "Um, you see, I had this flashback. It was tiny, really. But when I saw the pink bear, it just came to me," I added in confusion, really. I had no idea why it would be such a big deal that it would trigger a memory.

"Go on," Rachel urged.

"So I had this flashback of me, with a guy and- yeah. He gave me the same pink teddy- so I kind of assumed it was Jake..." I trailed off awkwardly.

"What?" Rachel gasped. Al fell off the bed.

"What," I hissed, cheeks flaming from my stupid mistake.

"Damn. No wonder he got mad...," Rachel muttered to herself.

"This is bad. " Al agreed. Harper reached for a chip, contemplating something.

"Maybe it's your ex... And he got jealous. " Harper suggested.

"Maybe it was his hormones..," said Rachel.

"Could be that he got angry at himself for forgetting," Al shrugged.

"It's not a big deal.... Right?" Gulped Rachel.

"No! Of course not!" I protested. "He didn't even give a valid explanation. "

I think I'm going to confront him.

"So... You're going to talk to him?" Harper'a lips formed into an O.

Rachel sighed.

"Well alright... If you want to. But, a word of advice, tread lightly. " Rachel said, defeated.

"That was two words." Al pipes up cheekily.

The serious situation in the room immediately turned upside down, and we all started laughing, clutching our stomachs due to Al'a stupid joke in the middle of all seriousness.

"Shut up Al." Rachel rolled her eyes affectionately. "You're ruining my mother hen moment here. "

I knocked on the oak doors of his office.

"Come in." His deep voice resonated from inside the room.

I stepped inside, holding my hands in front of me awkwardly.

"Chelsea? What are you doing here?" He asked, startled, looking up from a stack of papers.

"Are you busy? I can come back another time..." I turned to leave.

"No,no. I'm not. What's going on?" He smiled.

"Something's been bothering me..." I started. His body tensed slightly, but it didn't escape my gaze.

"Well, okay. Here goes. Uh, what happened that day? You know, on our, um, date? So.... Yeah. Why did you want to head home? Was it because of what I said? What's wrong with what I said? Because, you know, you have to tell me, I've been-" I start to blabber.

He put a hand up to stop me. "Chelsea..."

"I think I deserve an explanation, Jake, " I narrowed my eyes.

"Yes..." He sucked his lips in. Very sexy,Jake, very-

Focus!

"Is it... Because of my ex or something like that?" I asked, hesitant.

He relaxed slightly. "Yeah. I'm sorry Chels. " He stood up and hugged me, apologetic.

I felt a tad annoyed at him for being so reluctant to tell me. I mean,hello? If anyone should be upset, it should be me. But at the same time I felt defeated. It's just an ex, so I should let it go, right? Right?

...Right.

"It's alright." I hugged him back, allowin myself to enjoy the feeling of his body against mine... Mmmm. The warmth.

He planted a swift kiss on my lips. "Thank you." He smiled his crooked smile.

"So... Let me make it up to you. " He said, moving in closer. I held my breath.

Kiss me.

He moved to the side of my face, an I could feel his hot breath fanning on my neck. "Okay?" He murmured. His teeth grazed slightly on my earlobe and I shivered.

He growled lightly, nipping my ear before cupping my face and bending down to kiss me. I felt myself melting into his arms. We pulled away, and I was left panting softly from that breathless kiss... Wow.

"Is that all?" I asked hopefully.

He doubled over, laughing.

"Funny now is it." I grumbled, pouting. I crossed my arms in an angry fashion.

"Oh, Chelsea. Don't worry. I have something else for you," He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Good." I stifled a smile. "I guess... I'll be leaving now. Took too much of your time," I grimaced.

"And it was MY pleasure. " He smiled warmly.

He raised a brow, suddenly serious. "Behave. "

I rolled my eyes, remembering his rule about making physical contact with the opposite sex as little as possible.

"Noted, sir." I mocked saluted before exiting the room.

See? Problem solved.