Chapter 10: Plain confusion

My eyes fluttered open.  The room was dim, and I was lying on a very, very comfortable bed. The room was warm toned, making me feel at home, a flower vase filled with purple orchids on the table at the end of the room.

"Why do I always have to black out?" I joked, upon seeing Jake sitting beside  the bed.

"Chelsea, what happened?" Jake asked worriedly.

"Nothing." I shrugged, before putting my lips between my teeth.

Jake shot me a pointed look. "Nothing, Jake, I just- you know. Heard a voice. That's it." I shrugged again.

"A voice?" He demanded.

"I don't know..." I trailed off. "It started like this..." and I began to tell him my story.

"Hello?" It was dark everywhere, and I couldn't see a thing.

"Anybody there?" I asked for a second time. No reply.

I looked down at my fingers but it was to dark. I couldn't see a thing.

Suddenly, there was a flash of golden. I turned to the source of light. A pair of eyes!

I stood there. Stunned.

"What ARE you.." I whispered, those eyes strangely comforting.

We stared at each other without saying a word.

"I don't want to hurt you." The same voice I heard earlier before I fell to my knees sounded.

"Wait- what- what happened to me? Where am I?" I questioned.

Those eyes, IT, said nothing.

Instead, the pair of eyes were slowly fading. "Wait! Tell me who you are!" I stumbled after it but tripped over my own legs in the darkness.

"Owwwwww." I groaned. "Can someone at least-"

"And just like that I woke up." I pursed my lips.

"I can't believe it." Jake whispered, almost to himself.

"Can't believe what?"

Everyone picked the right time to show up at the door.

"Chelsea! You're awake!" Harper gasped, pulling me into an embrace.

"Ooof." was all I could say.

"Let the poor girl go." Chris smirked.

"I made some cookies." Rach offered randomly.

"Um, Jake, what were you talking about before?" There was no way Jake could escape this conversation. No way.

"Nothing." He shook his head, swallowing.

"Oh, c'mon, don't tell me I'm can talk to spirits or something." I joked.

There was no humour on his face. Which was freaking me out because Jake wasn't one to be serious. The only time he was serious was when I first woke up from my coma. I shudder. I don't wanna think about my memory loss right now...

He stood up to leave.

"You're leaving?"

He turned to me, a pained look on his face. "I'll be back soon."