4: School (ii)

I walked down the stairs carefully, so I wouldn't trip and fall. I was told to be a little on the clumsy side. Heh. I can't help but wonder if I was a little too overdressed.

Jake's head whipped up immediately as he heard my footsteps. He wrapped an arm around my waist. "You look beautiful."he murmured. "Maybe we shouldn't go to school after all."

"What?" I exclaimed. "No way, we're going." I protested.

"That's right, Chelsea! What about all the hard work I out in?" teased Allison.

"Don't worry, he's just worried that all the guys may steal you away. " she nudged Jake as she said it. My eyes widened. Was he really going to be possessive?

The guy who was in the kitchen previously chuckled. A group of five people walked out from the kitchen There were 2 couples and a boy.

They greeted me and Logan. "Alpha, Luna." Who? Me?

Jake gestures towards the red haired girl and the black haired guy who had their arms around each other. "This is Rachel and Brennan. "

They smiled. Both of them shook my hand.

"Harper and Chris. " said Jake, introducing a friendly brown haired girl and a blond guy. He had his arm around her shoulder.

"Hi. " I said and they shook hands with me. When Harper shook hands with me, she leaned in. "We are going to have so much fun!"

I turned to the boy. He had blonde hair and he had pretty green eyes. Unlike mine, they were a very deep shade. He was handsome and good-looking. Maybe not as much as Jake? Hmm.

"Alec. " He smiled widely, shaking my hand. He had a good set of teeth! Before I had any chance to think of anything more, Jake put me behind him, breaking my grip on Alec's hand.

"Back off." he growled at Alec.

"Jake!" I gasped. He continued to stare at Alec while Alec held both his hands up. "Easy,bro. "

Allison made crazy signs behind Jake's back. I stifled a laugh.

"C'mon, Jake,we might be late. It's our first day,you know. " I attempted to pull him out the door. Boy he was heavy!

"Calm down,Jake. " said Brennan. "It's nothing."

I groaned. "Let's go, Alec." I said, grabbing my bag from the shelf.

Jake growled and came up to me quickly. "Atta boy. " I smiled and patted his head. I know it would work!

"Sorry Alec." I said over my shoulder. He winked. "Anytime,babe. "

"Dude,stop!" warned Chris. I laughed.

"Jake..." I started. Sheesh. Does he have to be so possessive?

"Kiss him!" Harper squealed in my ear. Do I need to really? I took a look at Jake's angry face. Yes, I really do.

I tiptoed and pecked him on the lips. The corners of his lips tugged slightly.

"I thought you said no kisses?" He teased.

I frowned. Crap, I forgot! I hid my expression. "That was an exception! No more from now on."

"Hmmm. I'm thinking of getting all furious again." He mused, smirking. I swatted him in the chest.

"Let's go,Allison. " I stated, linking arms with Allison as we headed to her pearly white convertible.

"Wow, is this your car?" I gasped, running my hand down the hood. The colour is gorgeous!

"Yep!" exclaimed Allison. "Isn't it just lovely?" she joined in, both of us admiring the car.