Eleven.

"What are you doing? I have to go get the demiguise before he escapes and we lose him." I say, confused.

"Remember, I wanted to ask you something." He says.

"Make it quick." He crouched down on one knee, pulling a small box out of his pocket, in which sat a ring.

"Will you marry me, Celia?"

"Oh Merlin." I breathed as I stared at him. Dear God, please take me away from this place, amen.

"Celia?"

"I- umm- I-" I praised Jesus when I heard a low roar from what sounded like an occamy, and bolted inside. When I finally got there, the demiguise turned towards me and crawled through the available space and slung it's arms around my neck, hanging onto me. The occamy had grown to fill the room and there was very little space for maneuver. However, luckily, Jacob was holding a bug and Tina was holding a teapot. "Roach in pot." I said. Jacob threw the roach and the occamy almost instantly followed it, shrinking down so it could follow the roach into the teapot that Tina was holding. Newt quickly slammed a lid on the teapot. "Where did he come from?"

"It's possible we mis-counted." Newt says.

-----

We were inside of the case, putting the creatures back where they belonged however I sat there, resting my chin in the palm of my hand.

"Celia, are you okay?" Tina asked, sitting beside me.

"I just got proposed to."

"What? That's great, right?"

"No, it's not. I just ran away from him and I wanted to say no." I admit. "It feels like I've been convincing myself that I'm in love with him for years now and I can't do it anymore."

"You don't have to do something you don't wanna do." Tina says, comfortingly. "Maybe you should talk to him." I shake my head.

"He's told Newt about what happened, I can hear it swimming around in his head, and I wouldn't even know where to start with either of them."

"If I were you, I'd talk to Newt first." I nod.

"Maybe I will."

-----

"Watch it. You know I don't tolerate nipping." I warn, trying to pretend I don't hear footsteps.

"Celia." I turn.

"Oh hey, Newt."

"I just wanted to congratulate you on your engagement." He says with a small smile.

"What engagement?"

"Derek said he wanted to propose. Did he not?"

"Oh. No, he did."

Fantastic.

"Was that ment to be sarcastic?" I ask.

"What?" I shake my head.

He doesn't deserve you.

"What makes you say that?"

"Celia, please don't read my mind." I think for a moment.

"Will you take my hand for a moment?" I ask, reaching out for him.

"Of course." He says, taking my hand. I shut my eyes and clear my mind. "Celia, wait, don't do this." He pleaded, obviously realising what I was doing.

~

"I'm so sorry, Newt. This is all my fault." Celia cried.

"I'm fine, I promise." I tell her. I would tell her anything to stop her cries. They make my heart ache like nothing else ever could.

"I should've been more careful. I shouldn't've resisted and then they would've left you alone."

"Celia." I said, putting a finger runder her chin and lifting her head so she met my gaze. "I'm alright." She smiled slightly. I am in love with her smile.

~

"That's what happened." Celia said with a laugh. "That's what she said."

"There's no way in the world she really said that to you." I say and she laughs more. Her laugh is like music to me. The sound of it makes me happy, knowing she is happy.

"She did." Suddenly, she let out a snort and froze, her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment. I smiled at her as she pursed her lips.

~

Celia danced around the room, singing to the same song she had played over and over for hours now. I hated the song so immensely, yet I seemed to be unable to tell her no. It's like she weakens me. A part of me is just glad she never saw the form my bogart took. It may have scared her off if she saw how she looked in that split second. Her lifeless eyes and her sunken, dark cheeks will haunt me forever.

~

I remember when Celia used to be full of life. Ever since she met Derek, her eyes don't seem as bright anymore. He causes her a lot of pain and tears, yet she still doesn't have the will to let him go. Countless times I have hugged her until she has stopped crying and yet she still talks about him as though he is a saint. I'll never understand how she let's him get away with it. If he hurts her again, even just once, even by accident, I won't hesitate to cause him physical harm despite the consequences. For now, I'll just let her sleep. She's so perfect when she's asleep. Her hair falls right over her neck and her lips part in the slightest as she breathes, her chest rising and falling in sync with the beat of her heart. Her precious heart.

~

I opened my eyes, letting go of Newt's hand. He rubbed the back of his neck, glancing down at the floor.

"Why do you do this?" I ask. "Why do you keep this from me?"

"Celia, you are the smartest girl I have ever met, yet you often seem to overlook the obvious. By the time I realized, you'd made it very clear how you felt about the dating thing and then you met Derek and now you're engaged, so there was never much point in mentioning it." He says. "I need to go and feed the mooncalfs."

"No, Newt, wait a minute. I-" he had already gone.

-----

"Derek, we have to talk." I say and he nods.

"Okay, yeah."

"I can't marry you."

"Wha- why not?" He asked, looking slightly panicked.

Boss is gonna kill me.

"Umm, because I don't love you anymore." I say.

If I don't bring him the case, I'm totally screwed.

"You were gonna sell me out?" I ask, a little suprised.

"What?"

"Oh my god. You were gonna steal the case and take it to your dodgy friend's, weren't you?"

"Celia-"

"You don't love me. You never have. You were using me to get to the case. Di- did you even wanna marry me?"

"Of course -not- ."

"So why did you propose?"

"Because I need that case, okay!" He snaps.

"Get out."