Six.

-----ANOTHER EIGHT YEARS LATER-----

"I told you I was going, Derek." I said, threading my wand through a loop in my belt whilst arguing with me partner.

"You're not going to New York with him, Celia." He argued. "You always together. I'm sure this is something he can do by himself."

"You're so bitter, you know that, right. And you don't trust me? We've been together since one of our final years at Hogwarts and now it's an issue? Now?"

"You haven't even packed anything."

"Yes I have." I say, pulling my small bag around to my front. "Undetctable extension charm." I pick up my coat from off the back of the chair. "I am leaving. When I come back, have a better attitude." I spit, slamming the door shut and muttering a few curses under my breath.

-----

I heard a small click and looked down at Newt's case before leaning over and popping the lock shut again. He gave me a smile as we were called next to be checked before entering New York.

"Passports." The man said as he chewed gum rather loudly. I dug them out of my bag and handed them to him. "British?"

"Uh, yes." I nod.

"What's in the case?" He asked. "Anything edible."

"Nope." Newt replied.

"Live stock?" As if something in the case was trying to get us into trouble, the same locked again flicked open.

"Must get tha fixed." Newt said, nervously closing it. "No. No live stock."

"Let me take a look." The man said. I watched carefully as Newt placed the case on the table, quickly making sure it was muggle worthy before the man took it in his hands. He opened up the case and gave us a look before shutting it again. "Welcome to New York." Newt took his case and I grabbed the passports as we made our way away from the man.

-----

Newt and I were aimlessly walking down the street when I stopped after seeing a woman stood on the steps of a bank, ranting on about something.

"There are witches among us!" She warned, flailing her arms. "They are dark beings and will not hesitate to destroy us! Our world!"

"What are you doing?" Newt whispered from behind me.

"I'm curious." I reply.

"You there! Girl in the black coat!" I look around and realise I am the only person in a black coat.

"Me?"

"What brings you to our talk today, young one?"

"Just passing by."

"Are you a seeker? A seeker of the truth?" I was about to reply when something caught my eyes. It was a hat full of coins moving behind a pillar and an unmistakable beak poking out from the end.

"Uhh, would you excuse me." I say, quickly making my way up the steps and towards the hat. By the time I had got there, the niffler was gone. I looked at Newt as he caught up with me.

"What's wrong?"

"The niffler escaped."

"Oh- oh dear."

"Yeah." I looked around for him, but couldn't spot him anywhere.

"He's headed into the bank." Newt said, making his way quickly up the steps as I followed close behind. When we got inside, there was no sign of the niffler. I jolted when a bank worker came up to us.

"May I be of assistance?" He asked.

"No. We were just waiting." Newt said, carefully pushing me towards a bench with only one man sat on it with a similar case on his lap. I sat inbetween Newt and the stranger, still looking around for the niffler.

Damn. I turned to the stranger.

"That is very rude." I say and he looks a little confused.

"I'm sorry, did I do something?" Right, he's a muggle. He doesn't know about Legilimencies (wizards that can read minds) or any sort of magic for that matter.

"Nothing." I say, plastering on a smile. "Newt." I breathe, elbowing him. "I see him." I point towards the niffler, who I currently trying to steal the shiny tag from a dog's collar. Obviously the dog didn't like this as it started to bark vigorously. I jumped up, sliding on my knees across the floor and came within touching distance of the niffler, but he slipped right through my fingers. "Damn it!" I curse, hitting the ground.

"Hey, lady!" The stranger called, however I ignored him, and continued to hunt down the niffler. I then saw Newt rushing down towards the vault, and quickly caught up with him just in time to see the niffler squeeze through the tightly sealed door.

"Remeber when I said the niffler was gonna be the death of me?"

"Like I would forget a comment like that, Celia."

"Hey, lady!"

"Alohomora." Newt says, point his wand at the door and watching the cogs start to twist as the door creaks open.

"Lady!" I turned.

"What made you think it was bright to follow me?" I ask, staring daggers at the muggle. He was going to say something when another muggle stops at the end of the corridor.

"So! You were just going to steel the money?" He asks angrily.

"Petrificus Totalus." I cast and the angry man drops to the floor, frozen in place.

"I think your egg is hatching." The other muggle said, holding a large white egg in his hand. I went over, taking it from him and watching the top pop off. I smiled down at the newborn occamy. An occamy, are very beautiful creatures. However, be very careful if you're caught in a large room with an occamy! The serpentine-bodied creature will grow to fit available space, meaning it can stretch its body to every corner of a room or it can shrink itself to fit into a tiny tea cup. Its eggs are also incredibly valuable, as they're made of pure silver. After getting a little lost in thought, I looked back over at Newt who was currently shaking the niffler, and lots of jewels and bars of gold were falling out of it's pocket. I shook my head, walking over with the hatched egg in my hands, and the muggle following behind me. Newt opened up his case, placing the niffler inside and then taking the occamy out of my hands and putting that inside too. There were footsteps echoing down the end of the hallway and I panicked slightly. I grabbed both Newt and the muggle and apperated us out of the bank and onto the outside, however still hidden away from everyone else.

"You must stop doing that." Newt said.

"I panicked." I shrug.

"You, my friend, I'm afraid, have seen too much." He began, turning to the muggle. Suddenly, the muggle swung his case at Newt and rushed off into the street.

"Oh my Merlin! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." It would happen luck wasn't with us today as a woman in a grey coat started towards us. Oh bugger.