Ten.

I started at the people on the street below as the five of us, because Quinine helped us break out, hid out on the roof of a building.

"So how many more creatures do we have to find?" Tina asked.

"The demiguise." I sighed.

"That's great right? We're almost done?"

"Not really. He's usually invisible."

"Invisible? How do you find-"

"With great difficulty." Newt said.

"Gnarlack." Tina says almost excitedly. I turned towards her.

"I'm sorry?"

"Gnarlack. He used to tip me off when I was an aura. He dabbled with magical creatures back in the day." She smiled.

"He doesn't happen to be interested in tracks or- or footprints, does he?"

"He's interested in anything he can sell."

-----

Newt, Jacob and I followed the Goldstein girls down a small staircase at the end of an alleyway. The two of them stopped at a door and, with a wave of their wands, were in dresses. Fancy dresses. They looked at me and I looked back confused.

"What?" I ask.

"You need to put on a dress, hon." Quinine said with a gentle nod.

"Okay, first of all, I don't do dresses. And second, I don't know how to do that." I say.

"I can do it for you."

"Why do I- why do I have to wear a dress? I think I look fine."

"You look great, Celia, but I'm sure they wouldn't ask if it wasn't necessary." Newt said and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay fine. Dress me up." I sighed. Tina waved her wand and suddenly, I was in a dress too. "Can we hurry inside now? I'm very cold."

-----

Inside, it was quite dark and full of people that looked to be on the run. Tina and I sat down at a table while Quinine, Jacob and Newt were stood near a bar, looking for this guy.

"Celia."

"Yeah." I breathed, looking Tina in the face.

"You can tell me if this is non of my business but, when you were being lowered into that death potion, I saw something. It looked like Newt but also not. He was on the ground or something." I sighed.

"It was one of the worst moments in my life." I start. "I think it was our third or maybe fourth year at Hogwarts and I was just in the hall and it wasn't uncommon for comments to be throw at me. They would call me a freak, a weirdo, an abnormality and worst of all, I was accused of being an obscurus. Anyway, I was in the hall and this girl and a bunch of guys came up to me and there was no way I could get around them. The girl threw a punch at me and I was on the floor. Newt tried to get to me but he ended up getting hurt. Really bad and there was nothing I could do but stand there and watch him get hurt."

"That's horrible."

"Yeah, it was. I wish I could go back in time and do something about it."

"Do something about what?" Newt asked, sitting beside me.

"Nothing."

"I think that's him." Tina whispered as a man that looked to be a goblin with fingers that were bent backwards walked towards us.

"So, you're the guy with the case full of monsters." He said, sitting across from me.

"News travels fast."

"Who's the girl?" He asks.

"I'm the girl that has the collateral you're looking for in exchange for information." I smiled.

"And what kind of collateral would that be, doll?" Ugh, doll?

"I have occamy egg shells from new-borns that are made of silver. Now you can't tell me they're not worth something."

"Now we're- wait a minute." He says, pointing at me. "That's a bowtruckle, right?" I pull my hair over him.

"No, it's not."

"Come on. They pick locks, am I right?"

"You're not having him." Newt agreed.

"Over my dead body."

"Good luck getting out alive with MCUSA looking for you." He says, starting to leave.

"Alright." I look at Newt is surprise.

"What?" I ask.

"Celia, we don't have a choice." He says, taking Pickett off my shoulder.

"Don't do this." I felt my eyes watering up as the man took Pickett in his hand. "I can't watch this." I stand up and quickly pushed towards the exit. I took a breath when I got outside and up the steps. "Oh bugger." I curse, rubbing my arms.

"Do you want a coat?" Someone said and I turned my head, smiling when I saw Derek standing there.

"No way." I beamed, running over to him and hugging him. After a moment, I backed away and pressed my hands to either side of his face. "What are you doing in New York?"

"I came to find you and apologise for the fight we had." He says.

"Consider yourself forgiven." He smiles before kissing me. The way he kissed me sent a wave of something through me, like deep down, I didn't want it. But I didn't stop him in the hope it was just a feeling.

"Listen, I wanted to ask you something." He said, but then suddenly, Jacob was pulling me back slightly.

"What the hell are you doing, Celia?" He asks.

"This is my partner, Derek Bayle."

"Well we have got to go." He urges. "MCUSA are coming, so move you're ass."

-----

"It's not my fault, you shouldn't've tried to give him up in the first place." I scold as Newt quickly follows Jacob as he stopped at a shop window.

"Like I would let him keep Pickett." He says. I look at the shop window and see a purse moving from the arm of a mannequin. The others ran inside but Derek held me back.

"What are you doing? I have to go get the demiguise before he escapes and we lose him." I say, confused.

"Remember, I wanted to ask you something." He says.

"Make it quick." He crouched down on one knee, pulling a small box out of his pocket, in which sat a ring.

"Will you marry me, Celia?"

"Oh Merlin."