Prolouge

"Love that once hung on the wall, used to mean something but now, it means nothing, the echoes are gone in the hall, but I still remember, the pain of December-"

I immediately turned off E!News as they began to show some clips from Taylor's new tour 'Freedom Reign'. I couldn't listen to another syllable of her song, because it hurt too much.

"Aye man, the dance studio is booked up if you want to go for a few hours?" Matthew offered, making me not move a muscle from laying on the couch.

I'm in the middle of New York, and there is nothing I want to do other than sleep, eat and cry. Now that's not right.

But it's because I'm broken. I'm hurt. I'm too weak to think or care about anything else in this moment in time. Because Briar Rosehem broke me. She hit me right in the heart and caused me to shatter.

And the worst part is, I deserved it. And everybody knew that.

"Not today" I muttered out, turning over and closing my eyes as I heard the frustrated sighs from my dance coach, who was also my very good friend now.

They had all tried, don't get me wrong. They all gave me a sympathy, but that was a very long time ago..

Seriously, it's been 5 months and I'm still not over her. How long does it take? Is this what it felt like when I cheated on her? Because I can kind of see why it hurt so much now..

"Caelen! Get dressed already, your dad sent us tickets to the AMA's which are tonight and we are not missing them just because you screwed up" Theadora screeched, pinching my back in this weird spot which made me twitch into a sitting position. "Go. White tux because I'm in the white one tonight"

I merely nodded, listening to my orders as Thea dished them out.

I don't love her. And she admitted that she doesn't love me. We just both agreed that neither wanted to be lonely so we'd do this friends with benefits thing until we decided otherwise..

I should be at the prime of my life right now,

But instead I'm broken..

All because she wants me to let her go.

~

"If you continue eating the whole box of poptarts then you aren't going to be able to fit into those hotpants" Taylor taunted, making Briar giggle as she placed another one into her mouth. "Fine, keep going but I'll enroll you into a gym!"

"Oh chill out Swift, I'll do extra squats later" Briar chuckled, standing up from the couch and placing the empty box into the bin. "Now, how about we go to the studio like you promised?"

"Girl, you just don't quit" Taylor sighed, a cheeky smile across her lips as she linked her arm in Briar's. "But yeah, I have a few tracks I want to record"

A few months ago, you might have found Briar shaking at those words that Taylor had first announced because no doubt, they would have come from Mr C. Dwayne. But now, she didn't have to worry about her weight or her looks or her voice.

She was surrounded by the people who loved her, and they proved it to her every single day.

"JIMMY! WE'RE HEADING OFF THE BUS!" Briar exclaimed, making a few fellow back-up dancers rush out, all ready to explore New York City as that is where they were currently staying.

With that, they all hopped off the bus, in their little friendship groups, though all of them were friends.

Taylor Swift just happened to be Briar's new bestfriend of the century, though she was more like an older sister or even an aunt since she was Thea's godmother in the first place. She was sweet, and kind, and did anything to help Sierra's career. She was everything Sierra had once had in Caelen, but in a friend way instead.

Briar had finally found her place in this world, and she wasn't going to let it go without a fight.