Chapter Seven

~ Briar ~

I couldn't bring myself to tell Tobias to take me back to the hotel, so instead, I asked him to take me the airport. A strange request, yes, but I knew I had to do this.

Jackie had already informed me that we would all be having a week long break from the tour to allow Taylor to see a therapist and maybe become strong enough to start again. Taylor had refused to cancel the tour, so she simply decided to take a break instead, not wanting to disappoint anyone, especially her fans. So with this in mind, it was the only time I would have a chance to do something like this.

I needed to go back to England and see my best friends. I needed to speak to them, say how sorry I was, explain how no one would ever replace them.

I needed them back.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing? I mean, I'm no expert on smart decisions but.." Tobias trailed off, glancing at me as we pulled up outside of the airport. "I may not be your bodyguard in particular, but I've known you long enough to care about you B"

I weakly smiled, shrugging as I took a deep sigh. So many people seemed to have grown on me, and it had turned out that I had grown on them too. But I couldn't stay here with these new friends after I had basically abandoned the old ones. That's not fair. Besides, I've never followed up on my gut feelings before and maybe, it's time I did.

"I appreciate that Tobi, but this is something personal that I have to do" I whispered, looking down at the floor as he nodded understandably. "Promise to take care of Taylor while I'm gone?"

"Of course, it's my job" He chuckled, getting out of the car with me to walk me in.

I hadn't got anything packed, but I was hoping to go home for a day or two in England and say hi to my parents. I haven't spoken to them in months either. Why is it that the moment my life took a turn for the better side, I forgot everything that helped me get there? I left my friends, my family, yet I still talk to the one person who made my life hell? It doesn't make sense to me.

It makes me a bad person.

"It's your job, I know, but just- just don't let Harry see her. Or Caelen, if Caelen Dwayne comes, tell him I'm away" I ordered as he followed me in. "I mean it Tobi, I trust you, don't let anyone hurt her-"

"I won't, but same goes for you. Make sure you stay safe because Taylor won't forgive me if I let you go and something bad happens" Tobias sighed, suddenly embracing me into a big hug. "You're like the little sister I never had"

"And you're like the big brother I always wanted" I muttered into his chest, finally taking a few breaths as I heard flashes descend upon us. Of course, paparazzi. "I have to go, but thank you! I'll call Taylor tonight!"

"Take care B! I mean it!" Tobi called out as I rushed to purchase a ticket to England, London. "Love you!"

"Love you too!"

With that, I was off to London. Hoping to rebuild whatever walls I had broken..

Of course, when the plane landed, the only wall that seemed to be still formed was the one between Charles and I, as for some reason, walking out into the airport in England, he stood there, a bright smile across his face as his arms opened to welcome me.

"BRIAR!" His voice called out, and at first, I couldn't move. Because I was so shocked at how he stood there, waiting for me. "AYE, ROSEHEM! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!!"

That was all it took for me to go bounding into his arms, allowing him to spin me around multiple times. Luckily, no paparazzi were around so I wouldn't have to hear the speculations of 'Briar Rosehem's New Beau?'.