Chapter Nine

~ Caelen ~

I looked at Louis in a pleading way as he tried what he always did before giving me the much needed substance. He was trying to talk me out of it, because although this was how he made his money, we were actually good friends, and he had always said he didn't want to see me go down this road.

"Come on Louis, just give me the fucking stuff" I hissed, taking a deep breathes as we stood in his flat.

Although I knew how dangerous a game to play this was with Briar undoubtedly watching my every move, I still couldn't bring myself to ignore the need any longer. If I kept denying it to myself, I would probably become the world's most aggressive human being, and I can't be that if I want to win Briar back. Besides, it's just one last time, what she doesn't know won't kill her.

"Dude, I promised you on the phone earlier that I wouldn't, besides, don't you want to win that chick back?" Louis asked, raising his eyebrows which made me nod silently. "Exactly. She's not going to want you when you're shot up. Just keep ignoring it"

"How?! How am I meant to ignore it?! I'M ALREADY A FUCKING ADDICT" I hissed, pounding my fist into the wall and creating a large hole. "I-I need this.."

"I'll make you a deal" Louis sighed, making my ears perk up as I turned my head with a grin. Yes! "I'll give you the stuff, if you call the girl after and tell her what you did."

"No way. No way in fucking hell, she'll leave me again" I cried out, folding my arms as I breathed through my nose. My body was beginning to shake like mad. "Come on! I'LL PAY DOUBLE!"

"Not gonna' happen. Either call her now, or I call your Mom, and believe me, I'll do it when you're shot up if I have to" He warned, raising his eyebrows as I slid down the wall.

This is what I had become. Some fucking addict, willing to pay fucking billions just for a drug. I'm meant to be kids' role model, I'm meant to be someone people look up to. I'm meant to be a protector to Briar and my mom, I can't do that if I'm shot up..

"Alright, will you at least give me something? To like, relieve the need?" I pleaded, trying to control my shaky hands as Louis passed me a blunt. Not what I want, but it'll do. For now.

Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing in my pocket, I pulled it out to check the caller. Briar. Shit, I couldn't answer that, she knows when I'm lying! Heck, she was my best friend for 3 before we began dating.

"Shit! Louis! Dude, you have to talk to her!" I hissed, throwing my phone to him as I took another drag, smiling as the shakes began to fade away. "She knows when I'm lying!"

"And what the fuck am I going to say?!" He exclaimed, quickly answering which made me smirk in success. 'Hello? Louis speaking?'

I quickly motioned for him to put it on speaker which he immediately did. Just hearing her voice would probably help me out. She couldn't find out that I had already broke my promise to her. I knew that I was on final chances with that girl.

'Uhm, Hi? It's Briar, where is Caelen?'

I couldn't help but smile at the way her voice slightly shook, as if she was worried about my welfare. She's probably already sniffed me out, that girl is fucking brilliant when it comes to finding out things. I don't even know why I'm trying to lie to be honest.

Louis looked at me, widening his eyes as I knew she would become suspicious if he didn't answer. I shrugged, silently telling him to milk it.  

'He's a bit tied up at the moment, can I take a message to tell him in a couple of hours?'