Chapter Five

~ Briar ~

For some reason, waking up the next morning seemed far more difficult than ever before. Maybe because I didn't dare to move from the safe haven of my room in the hotel. After all, it would be far too easy to look at Caelen's reply and fall for the trick all over again..

Nevertheless, I pushed the quilts back, sitting upright as I ran my fingers through my hair. I knew I had to check my phone at some point, but it seemed far more easier to leave it for a couple of hours, I had too many things to do today anyways, so I could easily put it off my mind.

The first thing I had to do today was see Taylor and get all the details on last night, then I would help her nurse her hangover, then I would need to meet with Tristan and somehow put off this so-called 'relationship'. Not that I'm forgiving Caelen so quickly, but I genuinely can't put up with Kade's kind words either.

I huffed and stood up, throwing my over-sized T-shirt over myself and walking through the door that connected mine and Taylor's rooms together. I'd say I'm the closest person to her on the tour, and I am very proud of that. I couldn't describe the relief I felt to find Taylor in her own bed, alone. I didn't want her falling for Harry Style's charm, he may look cute but it's the cute ones you've got to look out for.

"Taaaay" I cooed, climbing onto her bed to sit beside her. Her blonde hair was spread all over the place, in a tangled mess which she would end up swearing at later. "Taaaylor, it's meeeeee"

"Go away" I heard her mumble into the pillow, making me chuckle as I poked her arm over and over again until she growled and turned over rather quickly. "You are such a bitch"

"Did I ever tell you what a delight you are in the mornings?" I smirked, crossing my legs as she huffed with a slight smile. "Come on, you know you love me"

"Why, I will never know" She sighed, fully turning over and looking at me with a weak smile.

I could already see the tears welling up in her eyes. To many people, Taylor is strong. She's an inspiration, she's a warrior, a survivor. But I get to see the weak side of her, I get to see the side that cries herself to sleep at night, the side that ends up having a screaming fit because something isn't going right. I get to see the real warrior that I call my best friend, my big sister.

"I saw you go off with Harry last night" I muttered, my eyes locking with hers as she sucked in a deep breath. "I tried to stop you, but you refused, and you walked away telling me to stop being such a cockblock"

"Why did you let me drink?" She whispered, sitting up and leaning back against the headrest as I shrugged. "You know what I'm like after a couple of wines.."

"I know, but I just wanted you to have fun, to not hold back" I shrugged, leaning my head on my hand which was propped up by my knee. "You've been working so hard, I thought I'd be able to control you-"

"No one can control a stubborn Swift, I mean have you even met my goddaughter?" She smirked, laughing slightly as I chuckled. "But I wish you had gotten Tobias to come and throw me over his shoulder just to prevent me from going with Harry.."

I could hear the desperate tone in her voice, as if she was begging for a re-do so she didn't have to live out what happened the previous night. Tobias was her bodyguard which she had allowed the night off since it was a private party, but still, I wish we had kept him on duty..

"What happened when you left?" I asked, raising my eyebrows as she closed her eyes to stop the tears. "I guarantee it's no drama compared to my nig-"

"Don't say that" She cried out, her face crumbling which made me sit beside her and give her a hug. "You'll be all the more surprised"

I remained silent for a few minutes, waiting for her sobbing to stop when she took a deep breath, pulling away and opening her bright eyes.

"At the beginning of the night, I received a text" She began, making me hum in understanding. "It was him, telling me to walk over to the corner because he needed to see my body up-close.."

My stomach churned as I already had a bad feeling over this story, like I said, a drunken Taylor was often gullible..

"So, I went over out of curiosity, and he whispered all these things into my ears. How sexy I looked, how nobody made him feel as good as I did, how no one else could meet his needs, he made me feel wanted and good, he made me want it so fucking bad" She cried, almost ashamed in her tarnished record for being known as a good girl. "So I went with him, he took me to some hotel not far from here and he took me up to his room. Soon it became clear that no one knew where we were and I began to feel unsure.."

"As you should have" I whispered, urging for her to go on as she took another breather. "What happened Taylor?"

"I-it was awful" She stuttered, more tears fulling her eyes as I let out a shaky breath. "H-he began pulling at my dress, sliding his hands down my pants, and w-when I refused, h-he s-slapped me, s-so hard! And when i-it became clear that I was trying to run, h-he hit me so hard, i-it knocked me onto the floor. He tried to pin me down and when I screamed, h-he forced some weird tablets down my throat.."

"What were they? What did they do?" I asked, demanding to know as she began to fall back into her shell. "Taylor, tell me right now, what did they do?!?"

"T-they basically p-paralysed me" She yelped, falling back into my arms as I felt my stomach twist even further. "I-I was fully a-aware, I-I was begging for him t-to stop, b-but-"

"Shhhh" I cooed, stroking her hair as she broke down in my arms. "No more Taylor, he can't hurt you no more.."

"H-he r-raped me Briar, h-he hurt me so much"

I squeezed my eyes shut, only to open them at the sound of someone knocking on the door. This caused Taylor to scream and dive back under the covers which made Tobias rush in, Jackie following behind. Jackie was Taylor's manager, and as she did so, I could see the pain in her eyes. She already knew..

"Briar, we need you to leave" Tobias explained, making me immediately get up. "There's something to tend to"

I did exactly as I was told, walking back to my own room and falling onto the bed in shock. My best friend was raped last night, while I was getting cosy up with my ex. Did that make me a bad person?

I heard my phone go off, making me raise my eyebrows in suspense. Had Caelen only just read my text? Had he decided against it? I grabbed my phone, taking a deep sigh as I unlocked it.

From: Caelen

You won't regret this. I promise! I'll do whatever it takes to have you back in my arms x

I took another deep sigh, closing my eyes again.

I was suddenly feeling very sick about last night..

~ Caelen ~

I don't know why, but I didn't really expect for Briar to reply. After all, it was my job to win her over again, it was my job to show her just how much I loved her. If I did it once, I can do it again..

So when I received a reply from the lady herself, I felt my heart leap right out of my mouth as she took the first step into this whole damn thing.

From: My Bri

Meet me at the Starbucks down Lolason Street. I need someone to talk to x

To: My Bri

Be there in an hour x

I was determined to get this girl back on my good side. Even if it takes more than years to do so.