chapter vi

●\●\●

chapter six●
forgiveness and finding out

●\●\●

alex and i just stared at each other and i just couldn't bring myself to say anything and i knew he couldn't either, but we wouldn't be able to keep this a secret for long.

"guys come on, tell us," luke said and reggie was just looking at me with full concern.

"why should we? it's not like you care anyway,"alex said and i just agreed with him, crossing my arms and staring at the two other boys.

"we were just concerned, if you don't wanna tell us, fine,"he said and walking over to the piano, playing some keys and i sighed.

i chose to not tell them because i don't really want them knowing anyway, and it's not their business, they don't care about us.

it was getting late anyway so alex and i decided it was time to go. if we were going to stay somewhere, it wouldn't be here.

but as we were about to poof out, julie had walked in.

"hey guys- oh, where are you going?"she asked us and my heart rate quickened.

"just somewhere,"i said and tried poofing out but she stopped us again.

"just tell me, it's ok,"she said and motioned us to sit down and we just listened, realizing there would be no other way out of this.

"luke and reggie kicked us out of the band,"alex told her and i saw luke look at me, but it wasn't a glare this time. was it, a look of sympathy?

no way.

as alex was explaining everything to julie, the worse her anger got. but then suddenly luke opened his mouth.

"millie? can i talk to you outside?"luke asked me and i was rather shocked. i knew that having to talk to luke patterson by myself was never a good sign, especially if was me.

"what do you want?"i asked and he sighed.

"i'm really worried about you millie, what was that?"he asked and i just scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"i don't need your sympathy,"i said to him in annoyance and started to walk away but he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer.

he held me by the waist and my face was inches from his. i could feel his heartbeat and he was breathing heavily.

"millie, please, i'm really worried,"he said and i felt my body weaken feeling the heat of his body so close to mine.

before i let anything escalate, i pushed him away from me slowly and i nervously looked away.

"i- he cut me off.

"no, it's my fault, i shouldn't have done that,"he told me and i sighed.

"i'm gonna go and join the others,"i said until he stopped me again.