Part 8- The Middle

A day before Drita gets her bounds...

"Where the hell did my brother go?" Marcus asked, turning around in a circle to look high and low for him.

"Idiot..." Drita sighed to herself for both brothers, because she knew exactly where Rayden had gone. "Why'd you even ask, he does the same thing every time. I'll go get him"

And right before she could blur off a certain wolf caught her wrist.

"Don't forget your mask so you don't hurt your ears" Zeke's voice reminded, causing her to turn around and grab the mask from his hand.

"Yes, thank you for reminding me" she said, tying the ribbon behind her head.

Her cat mask. Black and white. Designed a little to look like the Yin and Yang. It took up half of her face and was a gift from Yamyra before she left. She also made one for Zeke, but it was of a wolf. They only wore them when they went into towns or villages so people wouldn't recognise them from their missions and bust their ear drums with shrieks. Speaking of which. A hawk's shriek caught their attention, bringing it to Clark.

Drita held out her arm for him to land on, which he did.

"Hey boy, how 'bout you help me find that idiot of a master of yours?" she asked,

He gave a chitter of agreement before flying off. Drita nodded her goodbye to the others before taking off.. but not before leaving a quick peck to Zeke's cheek.

"Man! You two are too cheesy!" Marcus said, full on serious and for once, Artafa agreed with him.

"They are. But after a year of working with them you get used to it" she sighed,

But Zeke just ignored them with a roll of his eyes.

~

Drita arrived on the spot in minutes to see the fool had gotten himself caught by the slave trade. She growled at him even though she knew none of them could here her. She jumped down to the alleyway right by her. She had her mask on, so it didn't matter what she did. So she lit a cerulean blue hell flame in her hand with a snap of her fingers. She couldn't help the feline smirk that appeared as she watched her prey. She stalked over to the corner before crouching down and pushing off the ground to skid across their path while trailing her claws against the dirt to spread the flames she could bend to her will. When she was finished, she looked up to relish in the frightened gawking of all the men in order of the slave line. As for Rayden, well he had no time to gawk since someone came to knock him over the head.

"Stupid" Drita scolded, hitting him over the head again with closed eyes.

He looked up to see the masked figure, but by her voice he knew exactly who she was.

"Sor-"

"Nope"

Then she was off in a blur again, though, not before slashing his chains with Wahshi, before doing the same with the main chains connecting the slaves together.

"Clark! That net!" She called up, waving to the scrambling people who were in charge of the trade.

He took off with said net and draped it over them before Drita sped over and grabbed Rayden bridle style to speed back to the others.

"Next time you go off to do something like that.. Ask for help" she said,

He nodded

"Note taken."