Chapter 21

"Are you sure about this?" Rachel asked,

Rayden nodded

"Yeah, she's in no shape for travelling around and possibly fighting again" he said, looking to where she was beside the fire.

He had her curled up in a blanket he got from the land kingdom of winter. She looked more tired then the sandman, and she was asleep right now. He nodded to himself grabbing the map from beside her and handing it to her.

"You, Marco, and Yuro can go on ahead and get the shard. We can re group at the next dock" he said, before looking around the cave in confusion. "Where is Marco anyways?"

She frowned

"Outside waiting.. Thinking about- yeah it is a good idea so separate for right now, there's something I need to talk about with Marco" she said, turning around and leaving the cave to see her two partners that were supposed to accompany her.

He looked upset about something. She came up from behind him and padded him on the shoulder making him jump up in both surprise and fear. Her eyes widened.

"Easy! You're ok, it's just me"

He turned around to see a startled Rachel. He settled down himself and nodded to her in acknowledgement.

He thought she was his sister for a moment. Yep, that's where his thoughts were.. Drita. He was still a tad frightened from the other day. It brought a couple not so good memories, and the fact that he felt some protective aura coming from her too, confused him. He was used to her protecting them, but this time it was stronger, and he caught her look on Rayden. She's hiding something from them. Then there's the fact that their heading to the wolvern kingdom next which means Drita's going to have a harder time. He remembered she was partners with a wolvern guy before he came along with the dealing demon Zavier.. but that was all she said about him, that and that he passed. She seemed pretty broken when she told him about it. And the fact is, she didn't even tell him out of free will. He heard other servants whispering about her and that guy being the best team ever on missions. He brought it up and she added more details. But that's it. Nothing else on her past when they were separated. She was hiding something and it had to do with Rayden. If only h-

"MARCO!"

He jumped again before his eyes caught his fiancé's.

"Yea.." he answered,

She gave him a look before whistling for Yuro.

"We're going for the next shard just the three of us and are going to meet up at the next dock" she explained, only to catch a sigh of relief.

She planned on questioning him after they were done. So when she saw Yuro she took Marco's hand so they could both fly up seeing that Marco's wings were still out. They couldn't be controlled so easily, but they would always follow Rachel no matter what. Marco, momentarily forgetting what was on his mind just a few minutes ago laughed, feeling his wings lift off to follow Rachel. He rolled his eyes at their behavior. If anything.. they were more puppies than dragon.

"Oh get that pout away. Now, I've got the map all set to go, so the shard is in the west" she said, holding it in one hand while reading it.

She brought her hand down so he could read it too. Apparently, it was in a simple village. Shouldn't take to long.

~

"No" the lady of the village said, right when the question left his mouth.

The village lady was an air witch. She looked as soft as a cloud and as kind as the sky, but in reality, she was a harder nut to crack.