Chapter 2

Drita walked to the doors of the tavern knowing full well what was waiting for her on the other side... And just as she thought, right when she stepped out she was immediately pinned to the tainted windows of the tavern she just left. Some people looked up to see what the bang was and paid no mind since in this town, it was a normal thing, especially with women.

Drita rolled her eyes and looked up to her boss, Zavier. He was a big man, very strong, but could he move fast enough to compete with her instincts. The answer was no every time as she ducked her head before he even started moving his hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked, grabbing her collar.

She held her head up high which surprised him. She usually kept her head down when she talked to annoy him since she knew for a fact he hated it.

"You sent me on this mission because I was the only one fit for it in both skill and brains. I was ready for his brother, but I was not ready to see Rayden.. Now let me play a bit and be patient" she said, getting a little annoyed.

He scoffed

"Patience is the only reason your father's alive still.. I have more patience than most and you're living proof of that, but this mission is bigger than the ones I've assigned to you in the past" he said, letting go of her.

She rolled her shoulder blades closing her eyes as Furisha jumped down from the roof landing in between then. She felt her beast rising and knew something was wrong. Her eyes snapped open as a scent hit her nose and her eyes narrowed towards Zavier.

"You didn't"

He crossed his arms and gave an untrustworthy smile that made Drita want to punch him in the face. 'Damn it!' she thought to herself as she ran to wherever the scent of Kisho led. She couldn't believe him sometimes. If he thought this was going to push her to help, he was wrong. As she got closer she saw six Kisho disguised as castle guards running after a very confused Rayden. She sighed in frustration while she let her thumb come between her belt and one of her shuriken blades. She laid her finger tips on the opposite side of the blade before she jumped up high, flinging her right leg to the left while throwing her shuriken blade at the leader. She landed back to Rayden before she caught the now bloodied shuriken that flew back. She smiled as she saw the massive slit that went from his left wrist up to his chest.

"Drita. Driiita, Drita, Drita. What brings you to the defence of this young lad?" he asked, while she glared.

"Dan, don't play dumb with me.. We both know why both of us are here, you can tell that son of a bastard that if he wants to push me over the edge to send someone who actually knows what the word offense means" she says, sliding the bloodied blade she'd been rolling over her knuckles back in its place before looking up.

He growled like a Kisho before charging her, in which all she did was grab his shoulder and flip back to back to him before kicking him in the back of the knee and quickly unsheathing her Wakizashi sword and sliding the blade gently on the skin of his neck. The other Kishos got into a defensive stance.

"One move and your leader goes bye bye.. so what'll it be?" she asked, pushing the edge to his skin enough for a paper thin line of blood to sprout.

"Drita?"

Rayden stood there a little surprised to see her come to his rescue again... 'Just like the first time we met as adults' he thought to himself as a short memory played in his head.

~ -734 YEARS

"Get back here! You Low Life Scum!" yelled a very angry store owner.

Rayden continued to run. It's been a week since he ran away from the castle, and he realized that life out here without money is rough as hell. Clark flew over head with the bag of bread he stole as he switched roots and clumsily climbed a wall to run the buildings to the forest. It was night, and the store owner was a pick pocket who seemed to get his speed from his vampire side, but Rayden was a royal. So he eventually ran him out. He rested in the trees as Clark flew down with the loaf of bread. He tore it in two, giving one half to Clark before eating his share.