Chapter 11 . The balcony meeting.

Gelli's point on view.

Once I was sure I would wouldn't meet anyone In the halls. I left my room to be welcomed by the moon light shining through balconies illuminating the the halls with beautiful shadows. Slowly I approached the balcony where Thorin would be waiting. The moon shining down showing him as the king I knew he was. The royal red shirt that was worn and damaged now clean and pristine. As I reached him I placed my hand on his shoulder. The muscles from all the years in the mine stressed under my touch has he turned to me the muscles relaxed as he recognised me. The reflection from the water below cast a warm glow over his face. The lines from worry and stress faded.

" I thought maybe you'd like to walk?" He whispered as he held his arm out to me. Gratefully I took the offered arm. But to surprise Thorin slipped his arm out trailing his touch to my hands where he held both my hands as our eyes held each other's in a loving gaze. Slowly his hands retracted from mine as he moved them to my waist embrace me in a hug. I moved my hands so they lay around his middle as my head rested on his chest and his chin on my head. In hailing his fresh scent of oak and monk wood, as he leans his head slightly to my height the hairs on his recently groomed beard tickle my fore head as he trails kisses down from my head, to the bridge of my noise, to the tip and then softly his lips decend on mine. Only when I feel my lungs burn from lack of oxygen do we pull apart. The years of love for each other consuming the both of us. Thorin lays his arm out for me wishing to keep the contact. After threading my arm through his, he guides me down halls and corridors my mind still dwelling on our loving embrace I ignore anything other than him, our destination a mere figment in my mind.

Thorin slowed to a stop in front of the marble archway where the evergreen vines wrapped around the arch, creating the elegant feel of nature that surrounds Rivendale. Stepping up to Thorin so are feet match like a jigsaw puzzle I glanced up skeptically silently asking him as to why we stopped here. He leaned down so his mouth grazed my ear causing a involuntary shiver to rack my body as he whispered "It would seem the company want their queen just as much as I want my eternity with my one." He placed a chaste kiss on my cheek as he withdrew the from the embrace and head on the journey to get married.

We had waited all this time, mourned most of the ones we loved here we are getting married and those left that we loved were no wear near. This realisation caused me to stop in my tracks subsequently stopping my husband to be. "Thorin we can't, we can't, we simply can't do this. Not without them, not without the rest!" Panic leaked from me, sentences seemed to dissolve before they left my mouth.
"Hey, hey listen to me! I didn't say we are going to be alone when we walk in that area, my family is here, your family is here and we are here together." He said, as his rough hands caress my face bring me back to reality. My heart rate slowly returning to a normal.
Sheepishly I step out of his hold, raising my hands to his "I hold you to that eternity remember?"
"Our eternity" He agrees. Bringing my hands to his lips placing a chaste kiss on them as he tugs me in the general direction of the arch way and the hidden area that slowly comes into view.