Chapter 12. The wedding.

Gelli's point of view.

Slowly we rounded the corner the lone archway revelled the most elegant, relaxing space I had ever seen in Rivendale. The closer we got to the chairs I notice the heads of Thorins company popping up from the high backed chairs their hair washed and groomed, and their they where little Gerdin stood in elvish ceremonial clothes by the alter accompanied by my uncle lord Elrond and Gandalf. As we approach the quiet group of dwarves Dwalin and Balin rose slowly walking to meet us. Dwalin was the first to speak when he reached us, "you see we relished ma lady that as you represent the elvish kingdom as well as the durin folk that their would have to be two ceremonies."
"So that both and all kingdoms would recognise you as the kings wife and our queen. We thought that perhaps you've waited long enough. So the company and Thorin decided to have one half of the ceremonies here and when we are home to have our ceremony and crowning there." Balin finished off his brother explanation.
" This way are eternity starts sooner." Thorin finished. To stunned to say anything I look up in Thorins direction for reassurance and the minute our eyes meet he gives a little nod and a rare smile gentle nudging me in the direction of the alter.

Third person point of view.
Slowly an eternity of love begins as Thorin and Gelli are pronounced man and wife as the moon sets. The correct document signed and two sets created one document for the elvish race given to Elrond. The copy given to Gandalf for protection. One document given to the King under the mountain to protect with his life the other to be stored in Gerdin's room till it can be sent to the lonely mountain once they have reclaimed their homeland. The wedded couple retire for the night and the rest of the company take this night to celebrate while it maybe one of their last chances. In the mourning their adventure will continue.

Thorin rises early from what became the honeymoon suite to find Gelli curled close to him. The two tangled in bed sheets. Slowly departing the room after getting dressed, leaving a note for Gelli to find when she wakes, he goes in search off the drunk and lost company of dwarves that are scatter on the pathways and venues of Rivendale intoxicated and past out.

Hi
I know it short I just hope it answers you're questions?
Mydragonatemycookie