Chapter 3. On the road again.

Thorin's Point of view.

I was the first to wake and to be honest I was happy that it was just me and Bofur who was on guard. I felt bad for all the things that i said to kili and fili. I walked over to the fire and in the process I glanced over at Gelli whose face was hidden under her veil. Then it hit me all the words id said, I said them out of anger and sadness. I never meant any of it. I redirect my self and walked over to her she was all curled up hiding from the world, she looked like a scared Innocent child. This made me feel more guilty for the words that I spoke. I knelt beside her trying not to wake her and I kissed her on the forehead and said sorry. Knowing I could not apologize to her if she was awake. For a king would not.

Gelli's Point of View.

Once everyone was up we were on the road again i stayed at the back of the group as i knew after last night i was not welcome. every now and then thorin would look back at me it was as if each time he was hoping that theyd lost me on the way.

"So... why the veil?" Fili announced. shocking me.

"Excuse me." the only words i could think off.

"The veil why now? why hide now?" fili added.

"A shamed dwarf is to stay hidden from the public eye and forbidden to be in the presence of royal blood. The veil hides the shamed from the company." I explained.

"So what does your veil hide?" kili questioned with interests.

"The burns of a dragon." i finished.

"Dragon burns!" "i expected you to say being beard less" kili finished.

"Elves have no beards" fili finished.

"No. but we have funky ears" I mentioned.

The three burst out laughing. Lightening the mood.

The rest of the day was slow and quiet. The company made camp near an old ruined farm. Where a family use to live. "We'll camp here for the night. Fili, Kili look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them." Thorin ordered. Gandalf surveyed the ruins he looked unsettled. "Oin, Gloin get a fire started" Thorin continued to send orders.

"I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the hidden valley." Gandalf stated as he moved into the wrecked house.

"But I've told you already. I will not go near that place." Thorin demanded as he joined Gandalf.

"Why not? The Elves could help us, we could get food. rest, advice." Gandalf defended.

"I do not need their advice" Stated Thorin

"We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us." Gandalf continued defend.

"Help? A dragon attacks Erebor. What help comes from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrated our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing! You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather, who betrayed my father." Thorin yelled

"You are neither of them. I did not give you that map and key for you to hold on to the past." Gandalf started to shout.

"I did not know they were yours to keep" Thorin hissed.

As gandalf stormed off he looked up at me and gave me a look it was as if he was trying to apologize but with out words. Gandalf then proceeded to walk past Bilbo as he stormed off. "Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?" Bilbo questioned

"To seek the company of the only one around here who's got any sense." Gandalf replied stressing how pissed off he was.

"And who's that?" Bilbo questioned yet again.

"Myself, mister Baggins! I've had enough of dwarves for one day." Gandalf hissed.

"Come on Bombur, we're hungry." Shouted Thorin from within the ruins for where Gandalf had just left.

Bilbo turned to Balin. "Do you think he will return?" Balin did not reply as he did not know.