Chapter 8 - Waiting for you.

Thorin's point of view

She was stood lent up against me, my arms securely around her as if it was a regular occurrence. It felt right, it felt like id come home, as long as she was in my arms i didn't need anything else, i didn't need the Arkenstone, i didn't need Erebor. But now i had a real reason to take back Erebor. Something better than my own beliefs. If we got back Erebor Gelli would be safe. She would never be safe without erebor and the possibility of heirs where out the question with out her being safe. All i could ask for now is her. My Gelli, My love, My heart. The one thing i can not live without and there is no way she is going anywhere. I've almost lost her thrice now and i will never again risk her. As we moved to go back to the group, A child like scream caused Gelli to freeze against me.

A little stocky dwarf child with chestnut wavy hair that's pulled away from his face where his small new stubble is visible, His bright blue eyes wide as he took in the view in front of him. The word "Gelli" leaving his lips as the hole company turned to see where the noise came from as the child ran straight towards us. As the child lept into Gelli's arms, Gelli slowly fell back her body slumping against me as she cradled the child. Reacting quickly i grabbed Gelli by the waist, slowing her fall as she reached the floor the child Screamed her name but she just laid there her face looking so content and free. The scratching of chairs brought me back to the present as Gandalf and Elrond moved the kid out the way as they crouched trying to look at her wound.

Lord Elronds Point of view.

As soon as Gerdin's panic started i race to Gelli's side as i looked at her the blood from her side wound seeping through her bandages and Staining her pail blue dress. I knew if she was to live i needed to move her. As i went to lift her the Dwarf king tried to stop me.

"If you value her life you will let me help her!" I snapped as he moved his hands hesitantly away. I lifted her bridle style yelling at Lindir to get me things and to get Arwin as i ran with her in my arms as i headed for her room where i knew the healers would arrive. I could not brake my promise to her mother, my sister. I would try, i would try and keep her from harm, from pain. I kicked the door open as i predicted the Healer where there and me and Arwin started straight away to stop the bleeding, to stop the pain. As i worked i could still hear Gerdin's cry's in the hall way.

Thorin's point of view.

i spent the night pacing back and forth out side her room. I'm shattered. I need sleep but i more importantly i need my Gelli.

As dawn came a thud and grunt noises came from the room. Instantly i pushed open the door only to see the little dwarf ( i now know to be Gerdin after Balin came to talk) trying to snuggle up close to his sister but he keeps sliding of the bed. So instinctively i picked the kid up who giggled at the sudden contact and placed him on the bed. I slowly sat in the old oak chair next the bed. Before i could stop him Gerdin had grabbed Gelli's hand carefully and move it so he could hold her hand as he climbed onto my lap. Once he got comfy he had snuggled into my side holding on to her hand as he tried to sleep.

Instinctively i bent forward took my coat of trying not to wake him and laid it across his lap to keep him warm. His little voice broke the silence "Can you sing for me. G always sings for me.... PLEASE."

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crown-less again shall be king."

I lower my voice near the end as i noticed him falling asleep. How can he just ask and i just follow if it had been Kili or Fili i would not have sung. He curled further into my side dropping Gelli's hand. Once he was settled i reached across him and took her hand in mine. To comfort me more than her.

"My love i need you to wake, not for the quest but for me. my love i need you, your brother needs you. The quest will wait for you. I will always wait for you. I will wait for you even in death. If you have to sail, i will search till the end of time for you. i promise. Just like i said in Erebor. Except this time i'l wait instead of giving you away. I promise my love. please just wake." i had to let her know. She needs to know i never stopped loving her. I had to get it of my chest.

"And I'm sorry for everything i said. I'm sorry that i left you with The Elven King. I'm sorry i didn't help you with your burns. I'm sorry i didn't help when you needed me. I'm sorry i blamed you. My love, i love you. please just wake. Please show Elrond he's wrong. Show us you haven't given up." i begged. It may have been the morning but neither me nor Gerdin had slept so soon i joined him and Gelli's hand still remand in my own.