Bella

{Paul}

I was seeing red, how dare that fucking prick threaten my imprint with a pathetic knife. I don't care who promised him shit, I would do more than hurt him if he didn't move that blade away from her throat.

I was shaking uncontrollably at the slightly scared expression my angel had on her face, of course she couldn't say anything because he also had a piece of cloth tied in her mouth...dumbass, didn't he know all he had to do was take that shit out of her mouth and if she so much as told me to stop I would...not because of her gift, but because she's my fucking mate and I would jump off the cliffs if she told me to.

I ran at him and Jared panicked and tossed Lacey to the side causing her to land on the ground with a thud.

I began punching his face and he slashed my right bicep with the knife but it only gave me time to pause and shift.

My wolf snarled and before Jared even had time to shift I bit off his right arm, the same one that was wielding the "weapon."

"ENOUGH!" Jacob shouted.

I turned to see Leah undoing Lacey's restraints and she rushed over to me.

I immediately shifted back and caught her her in my arms as her own arms went around my neck, neither of us cared that I was naked...right now I just wanted to enjoy in the fact that she is safe, and I kissed all over her face, especially the small red marks the tied cloth had left on her cheeks. She remained hugging me as Jacob spoke.

"Jared from this moment forward you are hereby banned from shifting with us and you are no part of this pack and the same goes for both Sam and Emily." Jacob said boldly.

"But I was acting on the orders of Sam." Jared yelled in a slight panic and obvious pain. His arm was torn off at the elbow and he would have a nub now, I doubted if he would even be able to shift anymore.

The fact that he is a wolf meant the partially served limb was already beginning to close and heal with a pink scar.

"I've seen your memories of all that transpired, and while Sam suggested the plan to both you and Emily you acted along side him of your own accord. You were in your human form, you could have told him no, yet you didn't and now you must face the consequences." Jacob announced.

Emily pulled up just then and Sam shifted to tell her what had happened, they along with Jared left and we all made our way back home.

We all shifted into our wolves and went to Old Ateara's place, luckily he had spare clothes for all of us. Quin Ateara was also there, once he learned what had happened he no longer hated me or the pack. He couldn't, because his reasons for hating me meant he would have to hate his own daughter. And even he wasn't strong enough for that.

In the days that passed things went back to normal more or less.

Everyone went back to school and the pack members (except Lacey) went back to running patrols.

Jacob was a good 1st in command and I was now his second as I had shifted before him and had been "third in command" of Sam's pack. And instantly the pack became loyal to their new leader.

----------

{Lacey}

I was on my way to Paul's house but then decided I would get some sketching in, he would still be in bed when I had my fill of drawing.

I figured I would go to the beach, I hadn't been there since the bonfire. The ocean mist mixed with the air felt incredible, I stood there and closed my eyes just trying to relax in all of this peacefulness, until I heard a small throat being cleared.