Deception

{Paul}

I couldn't believe the words Old Ateara spoke, this is his granddaughter, his own flesh and blood and here he was planting this fucked up plan into Sam's head to use her as nothing more than a weapon "to better the tribe."

She would be a slave, we all know that Sam's first in command. Meaning what Sam says goes, she wouldn't have a choice.

No, that right got taken away the moment she shifted.

This life is so fucked up.

How could this be happening to my sweet and gentle little imprint?

Fuck this.

I made a vow the first day I met my Lacey and now I had to honor my silent vow, I would do anything and everything to protect her and keep her safe and happy.

And for the first time ever, I fully understand how her father could keep her away all these years, maybe he had the right idea, maybe Lacey and I should go on the run.

No, it was too late for that.

But I'll be damned if anyone thinks they're using my mate.

I'll fight ever fucking member in this pack before I stand by and watch that happen, and I know I'd have Quil and Leah to back me.

And as I looked over at Sam I could already see the wheels turning in his head, see he was coming up with a plan of action...little did he know I was doing the exact same thing.

-------

{Lacey}

Still in my wolf form Leah and I stood in the guest room and we listened as my grandfather spoke to the males of the pack.

I was crying, I didn't want to do harm to anyone ever.

And what was so bad about the Cullens? I mean they couldn't be too fucked up if Bella, who is a human is literally dating one of them by choice. Why can't we just leave them alone if they're leaving us alone?

Leah looked at me sadly, she mouthed the words "I'm sorry."

I knew she wasn't talking because the guys would hear us and realize we had heard everything they had just said. I nodded my head slowly indicating I understood.

She knelt down and hugged me around the neck, the small friendly gestured felt nice.

"I'm going to miss you," she quietly whispered, then she stood up and carefully opened the window without a sound.

I stood there and stared at it.

"Go" she mouthed.

I shook my head no.

Leah swatted my nose and lowly growled "GO."

Again I shook my head no, I was raised to face life head on and to never run away like a coward. I know it's ironic given the fact that the man who had instilled these traits in me had been running and hiding my entire life.

But it's something that I've always prided myself on, I've never run away before and I wasn't going to start now.

Especially when I knew that running away from this would also mean running away from my family and friends...and Paul.

I closed my eyes and thought of Paul's handsome and loving face when he holds me in his arms at night. I couldn't deny how warm and safe k feel in his arms and his kisses...dear god could that guy kiss, and I suddenly felt my body tremble as the air buzzed in my ears loudly.

Then I felt cold.

I opened my eyes and nearly screamed at the fact that I was standing straight up in my birthday suit.

Leah ignored me as she went into the closet and tossed out some clothes for me. I quickly got dressed and then we found the men. I went straight to Paul, I could feel he was uneasy and angry.

I kissed his cheek and nuzzled my face into his neck, giving him light pecks along his collarbone every now and again to try and get him to ease whatever tension he had.

Soon enough everyone was leaving to Emily's for lunch.

"What's wrong handsome?" I whispered.

But he only shook his head and offered me a small peck on the lips.

"Meda may I have a word with you? Paul you may stay if you feel the need, The rest of you, Lacey will see you tomorrow." Grandfather spoke, his words dripping with authority.

We waited for grandfather to say or do something, and finally, almost ten minutes later he spoke.

He quickly explained his actions earlier and his hopes and plans for Jacob.

"He's the best hope our Tribe's got at survival... With Sam acting as head and Jacob's bloodline as head there is going to always be an underlying animosity between the two, and your wolves will be confused who to follow. So one has to leave." He finished.

He and Paul spoke some more and then we had a Late lunch. Paul and I finally left around 7, he walked me home.

"Here, I don't want you getting sick." Paul worried as he laid his leather jacket on my shoulders.

I smiled up at him, "I'm a wolf now, remember, and we can't get sick."

He looked down at me and smirked.

"But thank you anyways," I said stopping to slide my arms into the sleeves and give him a quick kiss. He kissed me back eagerly and I nipped at his bottom lip as I pulled away.

We finally made it to my house, my fathers police car wasn't in the drive way so I knew Paul wasn't allowed to come in. He kissed me good bye and I went inside.

Still hungry I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the makings for a supreme sandwich.

I was digging in the pantry for some chips when I heard a couple of light knocks on the door.

I knew it wasn't Paul or any of the guys from the pack as Paul left only a couple of minutes ago, Plus the knock wasn't heavy like a males.

I made my way to the door and looked out the peel hole and smiled as I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Hey." I smiled.

-----

{Paul}

"Shit." I muttered as I finally realized I had left my jacket on my imprint and my keys were in the pocket.

I sighed knowing that as much as I'd love to see Lacey again, it was going to be torture on my wolf and I to have to walk away from her once again tonight...but Dad was out of town and unless I broke a window (which I would get shit for) I needed to get my keys.

So I turned back around and began my walk back to Lacey's, not too upset really because I knew I'd get a few more kisses tonight, but when I finally got to the end of her street I felt the sudden urge to protect Lacey, I knew instantly something was wrong.

I took off in a sprint and shifted without even thinking, not caring if someone saw me or not.

I got to her house in record time and to my surprise my suspicions were confirmed.

Lacey's door was wide open.

Her scent was strong indicating that she was just here.

Still in my wolf form I began looking around, panicked and pissed. Then I smelt it, it was faint but definitely there. I let my eyes scan the ground then I saw it...there on the bottom step was just the smallest amount of blood.

I growled viciously.

Someone had dared to hurt my Imprint.

I lifted my nose to the air and picked up two very familiar scents. My heart raced with fury.

Emily & Jared!

I knew Sam was behind this, so I shifted back to my human form and I took off running as fast as I could To Jacob's house, it was time he took his rightful place as pack leader.