V-Running From Them, Running To You

Hopefully a little more interesting, especially near the end . . . some new people, little more information, the works.  I want your guys' honest opinion on what you think I need to work on!  I really want this story to be as good as possible ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone shook me gently.  I buried my head deeper into my arms, not wanting to move just yet.  I continued to ignore them, until they whispered, "Auden," into my ear.

            "Whaa?"  I grumbled, raising my head slightly.  I rubbed my eyes and gave a slight yawn.  A petite girl with golden hair crouched at the side of my desk, trying to wake me. 

            "I'm sorry to wake you," she murmured sweetly, "but I didn't want you to accidently sleep through lunch."  She gave me a tentative smile, her large brown eyes kind.  She looked familiar, and I distantly remembered sitting down next to her at the beginning of my science block before passing out on the desk from exhaustion.  I instantly felt thankful towards her.  Who knew when I would have woken up if she hadn't thought to wake me?  Slowly, I stood up and stretched, my limbs moaning in protest.  When I finished, the girl held out a hand to me,

            "I'm Honor," she declared politely, her voice high and soft. 

            Hesitantly, I took her hand and shook it.  "Southern hospitality?"  I joked, though I'd only grown up a few hours north of here.  Never had I shook hands with anyone near my age though.  It would have felt odd with someone else, but I had a feeling it was a natural politeness.

            Honor let out a tinkering laugh, like the sound of bells.  "Not quite.  Small town California is more like it."

            The thought of beaches and palm trees suddenly invaded my mind.  I'd always wanted to visit the west coast.  "That sounds amazing," I theorized dreamily, imagining swinging in a hammock, the ocean breeze in my face.  Interrupting my brief daydream, my stomach chose then to grumble loudly, bringing me back to reality. 

            "You said lunch?"  I asked Honor.  She nodded an affirmative.  I gestured to the door, "Lead the way."

            Honor's heels clicked through the empty hallways as I treaded after her, my converse much more muted than her shoes.  Her entire outfit was rather formal for school actually.  Black dress pants and matching heels, a conservative white blouse, golden hair swept up in a neat bun: I could easily have pictured a clipboard in her hands as she followed behind some big-whig, jotting down their every word. 

            "You are the girl staying with Courtney, right?"  Honor asked hesitantly as we walked through the halls.  She looked at me through her eyelashes, as if she were afraid of saying something wrong. 

            "Well, uh, yeah," I fumbled.  Who all knew about it?  "Do you know her?"  I asked, doubting it the second the question came out of my mouth.  Even after a few moments of meeting Honor, it was obvious her and Courtney were polar opposites.  Already, I could feel the kindness radiating from Honor, her absolute pureness.  Not that Courtney hadn't been anything but nice so far, but it wasn't the same angelic quality that Honor gave off.  You could just tell that someone like Honor had the potential to be the next Mother Theresa. 

            So I was completely taken aback when Honor gave a large smile and said, "Oh yeah, Courtney and I are pretty good friends.  She's really a sweet heart."

            "Oh, really?"  I finally managed to croak out.  I had been dead wrong.  Honor smiled, unaware of my thoughts.

            "You'll be sitting with us right?"  She asked.  I just nodded, still amazed at my wrong assumption.