X-Running From Them, Running To You

'Nother long chappie, and my fav so far =D

xoxo

The beach was empty as I walked onto the sand, wine bottle in hand.  Kicking my sandals off, I buried my toes into the white sand, relishing in the feel. 

            "Where is everyone?"  I asked Will.  It was a beautiful stretch of coastline, especially on such a nice day.  The sparkling waves danced under the sun's waves, crashing against a nearby jetty. Shells were strewn all across the sand in an array of color, more diverse than I'd ever seen before.  To my left, the beach stretched far, before disappearing around a corner, but a cliff blocked it's continuation on my other side.  A few seagulls puttered around nearby, searching for crabs. 

            "Tourist season's gone, and it's gotten too cold to swim in the last few weeks," Will answered.  "It's never been one of the main beaches anyways." 

            "Good for us then."  I took a large gulp of wine, holding it by the neck.  It tasted a hell of a lot better than the cheap box stuff I was used too.  With my luck, I'd probably stolen one of the more expensive bottles they had.  Sure tasted like it at least. 

            I held it out to Will, "Want some?"  He readily grabbed it and took a few chugs. 

            "I'm going to need it if I'm going to get over that stunt you just pulled," he told me when he finished, wiping his mouth off with the back of his hand. 

            I threw my head back and laughed.  "Oh come on, it wasn't that bad."  It definitely hadn't been my greatest shining moment, but I'd had had worse errs in judgment.  

            "Theft of property, with the owner in the same room?  Who happens to be my best friend's mother.  Not to mention neither of us are of legal age to drink," I snorted at that.  "So no, I'm pretty sure that tops anything I've done." 

            "Don’t forget running over her tree," I added brightly, making Will groan.  I bumped his shoulder with my own.  "Oh, loosen up will you?  It's not going to kill you to get in a little trouble." 

            "Until we get thrown in juvie," he muttered.  I kicked sand at him. 

            "Stop it!”  I ordered.  "We are alone, on beach, with a bottle of wine.  It doesn't get much better than this.  So stop being such a downer, and just enjoy it." 

            Will rolled his eyes, but didn't argue with me.  "So what are we actually going to here?" he asked. 

            I smiled, "We're going swimming!" 

            Will looked taken aback.  "But it's freezing," he tried to reason with me, but I'd already began pulling my shirt over my head. "You wore a swim suit?" he asked. 

            I threw off the shirt and started shimmying out of my shorts. "Nope." Now only in my underclothes, I began running towards the waves. "Race you," I called playfully over my shoulder. 

            Behind me, I heard Will grumble something about regretting this. Nevertheless, when I looked back, I saw him jogging to catch up to me, now shirtless. Sprinting now to make sure I beat him, I quickly reached the water and dove in. 

            At once, ice cold water encased me, sending freezing daggers into every inch of skin. I gasped from shock, sucking in salt water. Breaking the surface of the ocean, I coughed up the nasty water and squirmed around, trying to adjust to the temperature. Only a few feet from me, Will's head popped up as well, accompanied by a string of curses.