VI-Running From Them, Running To You

My computer stopped being able to charge and I used its remaining 5% of battery power to transfer my story.  Don't pretend you don't love me =)  Stealing mi madre's computer in the middle of the night probably won't go over too hot, so I'm going to leave my message at that!

"Who has water?"  Wade yelled to the group under the tree.  I struggled against his hold, but he had a grip of steel.  Struggling and flailing, I tried to get some reaction from him, but there was nothing.

            "Wade, put me down!"  I screeched, struggling to defy gravity.  My superpowers did not return though, as I still stared at the ground with the blood rushing to my head.  First impressions with any of these people just flew right out the window. 

I could feel Wade shaking his head against my thigh, and had we not been in such a predicament, it could have been an awkward situation to explain.  "Not by the hair of my chiney-chin-chin," he called over his shoulder in a high pitched voice.

"Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in!" I yelled back, playing along.

"Hmm," Wade seemed to consider this.  "Well I doubt your lungs will be quite strong enough for my house . . . but I can give you something else to blow on," he added suggestively, and my jaw dropped.  He did not just say what I think he did.

I covered my face with my hands and screamed.  "Just put me down," I pleaded.  Wade sighed.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Positive."

"Really sure?"

"Yes!" I shouted.  "Let me go!"

I felt Wade shrug.  "You asked for it," he told me.  And then, I was falling.  He dropped me.  That bastard dropped me!

"Wade!"  I screamed as the grass rushed up to meet me, and wrapped my arms around his waist to try to halt my impending fall.  Wade once again latched onto my legs, stopping me all together.  I didn't detach my arms from his waist, but clung all the tighter in case he let go again.  My heart was racing, and I began to take slow breaths in an attempt to slow it down

            "Princess," he called over his shoulder, making me grind my teeth in annoyance.  Stupid nickname. "You got to make up your mind here.  First, you want me to put you down, and then I'm kind enough to give in to your wishes and you come screaming back to me.  How am I supposed to please a girl who doesn't even know what she wants?"

            I punched him in the back as hard as I could.  I gave a small smile of triumph when I felt him jolt from the attack, but it was short lived when he collapsed to his knees.  He completely let go of me, and I was able to slide onto the grass without injury.  In front of me, Wade was breathing heavily.  His eyes suddenly went wide and then he scrunched them hard, groaning.  Oh shit, shit, shit.  What'd I do?

            "Wade?"  I grasped his shoulder, but he gently shook me off, further furrowing his face.  "Oh my God Wade, are you okay?"  I was seriously freaking out about now as I watched his entire body quiver.  He dropped to the grass, clutching his side near where I'd hit him.  Was it so bad that during such a crisis I couldn't help but admire how his muscles clung to his shirt?

            He moaned again, shaking me out of my trance.  I reached an arm out, but he shied away, as if afraid I'd hurt him more.  I looked around frantically, but no one else seemed to notice Wade's spasms. 

            "Courtney.  Courtney!"  I tried getting her attention, and she finally lazily looked over from talking to Ashley and Morgan.