Chapter 11- 2011

CH 11 2011

Isabella sat with Stiles in his bedroom, she was explaining to him that she would be late picking him up from school the next afternoon due to going out with Jordan. Talia had agreed that Stiles could spend the afternoon with her, Cora and Laura as Derek had his own appointment that he had to attend. Stiles rocked back and forth before stopping and looking up at Isabella and smiling at her.

"Scott sleeping over on Friday," Stiles said to Isabella as she looked at the book that he'd been reading.

"Yes he is. And tomorrow you're going to be staying with Talia, Laura and Cora. Do you remember why?" Isabella asked, they'd gone over the day before and that morning what was happening and why it was happening.

"You're going with Jordan," Stiles said before thinking for a second and adding. "He asked you to go with him,"

"That's right. Jordan asked me when we were at the petting zoo last week," Isabella smiled at him, moving slightly to get a better look at the page he'd stopped reading. "Are you going to read with Cora again?"

"We're reading Harry Potter," Stiles said proudly, he and Cora had been steadily reading each of the Harry Potter books together, while he was reading Treasure Island again by himself.

"Very good," Isabella nodded, as she realised that was the book that was laying in front of him. "Come help me with dinner?"

Stiles followed Isabella into the kitchen and sat at the counter, Isabella put some vegetables in front of him. Stiles looked at what was being put in front of him and knew that they were making spaghetti bolognese. Isabella always allowed him to help her when it came to the spaghetti bolognese, it was one thing they made together.

"Carrots, celery, onions...mince," Stiles started listing all the ingredients before he said what they were making. "Spaghetti bolognese,"

"That's right," Isabella smiled, placing a knife in front of him and then three bowls for him to put the ingredients in. "Can you cut them up and put them in the bowls?"

"Dad's birthday," Stiles said, he knew that their fathers birthday was exactly a week after Isabella's birthday

"That's right it's dad's birthday this week," Isabella smiled, Noah's birthday was on Friday which was why they were making the bolognese on Wednesday in preparation for Friday. "His birthday is on Friday so we're getting this ready first and then we're making pizza,"

"Wednesday night is pizza night," Stiles said as he started to cut up the celery first, making sure to concentrate on cutting it up small.

"It is, and who has dinner with us on Wednesday nights?" Isabella asked, as she crushed the garlic, ginger and various other herbs and spices.

"Talia, Laura, Derek and Cora," Stiles said, moving the celery from the cutting board into the first bowl.

"That's right," Isabella smiled as they worked together and finished making the sauce for the spaghetti before moving onto the pizzas.

Stiles sat watching as Isabella started pulling out various ingredients to put on the pizza's while he started to tell her about what was happening in Treasure Island. Isabella was going to have him watch the Muppets Treasure Island one day, if only for her own sanity. Once they finished getting the pizza's ready, Isabella took Stiles into the living room and allowed him to pick what they watched while they waited for their father and the Hales to arrive. Stiles chose a documentary on wolves as aside from goats they were his favourite animal.

"Hey Bella, dinner smells good," Noah said, as he walked through the front door, Isabella hadn't heard the police cruiser pull up.

"Oh hey dad, didn't hear you come in. Pizza's in the oven," Isabella smiled, looking up and seeing Noah standing behind them. "The Hale's should be here soon too," No sooner had Isabella said the words, they were knocking on the door. "Speak of the devils,"

"Evening Noah," Talia said as Noah answered the door while still in his sheriff's uniform. "Hi Isabella," Talia waved before heading into the living room to say hello to Stiles. "Hi Stiles, how are you tonight?"

"Hi Talia, Hey Lore, Cora, Der," Isabella smiled, signing at the same time as Laura hugged her before Derek decided to poke her.

"Hi Talia. I'm good," Stiles said his attention not wavering from the documentary.

"Hey buddy, dinners nearly ready we can finish watching the wolves after okay?" Isabella asked as she headed to the kitchen, only to see Cora sit beside him. "Or you can watch the wolves and eat at the same time,"

"Don't encourage her!" Talia laughed, Derek rolled his eyes as they followed Isabella into the kitchen.

"The wolves documentary is the only one that we let him eat while watching," Noah said as he helped Isabella get the pizza's out before they served them.

The next day Isabella headed to meet up with Jordan, he'd ended up asking her to pick him up from the station as he had bad luck whenever he tried to find a park at the audio clinic. He didn't go to one in Beacon Hills, instead it was in the next city which he hated trying to navigate. Isabella walked into the station and was greeted by Deputy Clark on the front desk.

"Hey, just need to see my dad he's not busy is he?" Isabella asked, as she glanced behind the front desk and saw Noah wave for her to enter. Isabella made her way through the station passing Jordan's desk and heading into her Noah's office. "Where's Jordan? We have to leave in like 10 minutes to get to his appointment on time,"

"Hello to you to sweetheart, Parrish and Haigh are on the way back to the station now," Noah replied motioning for her to take a seat while she waited.

"You're still putting him with Haigh? The guy hates Jordan," Isabella said, Jordan had told her and Derek as much.

"Isabella, they're co-workers. They'll get along eventually," Noah sighed, sometimes his daughter was right other times not so much. "Where's your brother?"

"Staying late at the Hale's. I spoke with Talia about it last weekend...Stiles was excited he and Cora are reading Harry Potter," Isabella replied, glancing out the window when she heard Jordan and Deputy Haigh disagreeing about the call they'd been on.

"Go, I'll deal with Haigh," Noah motioned for Isabella to get Jordan and leave before he changed his mind about allowing the deputy to leave early.

'Hey Jordan, yeah I know I'm early,' Isabella signed pausing as she thought of how to word the next part of what she wanted to say. 'Go change, I'll be in the car and we'll talk then,'

'Hey, he tried to make me late...give me two minutes,' Jordan signed back, shooting a glare towards Haigh as he did so causing Isabella to laugh.

Isabella and Jordan headed to the audio clinic, it was an hour drive which was why she'd had Stiles staying with Talia, Laura and Cora. Jordan closed his eyes and leaned against the window, he'd been on duty since six that morning and it was nearing two in the afternoon now. As Jordan was leaning against the window he took out both hearing aids and pocketed them almost relishing in the silence from having listened to Haigh's incessant rambling. Isabella took one hand off the steering wheel and took hold of Jordan's hand as they stopped at traffic lights entering the next county.

"We're nearly there, like 5 minutes away," Isabella told him the second that he was looking at her so that he could read her lips as he listened to her.

"See if I drove myself here I'd still be stuck somewhere in Beacon Hills," Jordan laughed, running a hand over his head as he spoke.

"Not my fault you've always sucked with directions," Isabella shrugged as she started driving again and they arrived at the audio clinic. "Just remember they're just checking to see how much it's changed if anything," Isabella said trying to be reassuring as she saw the nervous look on his face.

"I know," Jordan replied before they got and headed into the clinic.

An hour later and Jordan found that his left ear had changed by 5% and his right ear had remained the same. They also adjusted his hearing aids finding that the battery was low in one and the other was clogged. Jordan was only slightly disgruntled but he'd been told things would change over the years.