Chapter 7. 2011

Chapter 7 - 2011

Jordan, Derek and Isabella stood talking in the kitchen, Jordan having taken out both his hearing aids as he sometimes found them to be irritating. As a result the three adults were half signing half speaking while Isaac watched them. Isaac looked at Derek and raised his eyebrow in confusion, he hadn't known about Jordan. Jordan noticed the confused look on Isaac's face and decided to speak.

"Hey Isaac, I'm almost completely deaf in one ear and partially in the other," Jordan said, and as if to make a point Derek stood on his right side and started talking.

"He's an ass at times but my best-friend," Derek said, as close to Jordan's ear as he possibly could. Jordan felt Derek's breath on his ear but didn't register it as talking. "See he has no idea what I just said," Derek smirked as his face was met with Jordan's.

"Ass hat," Jordan muttered, Derek just grinned and kissed the top of Jordan's nose.

"You love me," Derek laughed pulling him into a hug which was soon joined by Isabella who whispered in Jordan's good ear.

"Don't think dad's forgiven either of you for that day," Isabella whispered before she found Jordan kissing her and Isaac just staring at the three of them.

"Not our fault we didn't hear him coming," Jordan mumbled still kissing her before Derek made a noise that neither of them knew quite what to make of it.

After a couple of minutes they decided that they should probably head to bed, Isabella re-iterating that she was sleeping alone just in case Stiles made his away to her room. Jordan and Derek fell asleep tangled on the couch, while Isaac managed to make a makeshift bed on the floor. Isabella slept alone in her room until she felt the mattress sag slightly and felt Stiles climbing beside her and curling up.

"Hey Buddy," Isabella was quiet as she spoke the next morning to Stiles who was sitting cross-legged on her bed staring at the door frame. "Morning dad,"

"Morning Bella, are you aware there's a tangle of men in the living room?" Noah questioned, before moving towards Stiles who was still looking at him. "Morning Stiles," Noah smiled at him watching as Stiles turned around and hugged his sister.

"Breakfast?" Stiles questioned, pulling away from Isabella but not moving as Isabella got up from the bed and hugged their father.

"Pancakes, it's Saturday," Isabella smiled at him before she and her father started to move, glancing behind them as Stiles slowly but surely got up from the bed and followed behind them. "Yes dad I know about the tangle of men, you know it's not the first time," she smirked as she saw Scott getting out of the trundle bed. "Hey Scotty,"

"With banana?" Stiles asked, he wasn't asking anyone in particular just voicing that he wanted the pancakes to be served with banana.

"Of course with banana," Noah answered before heading into the kitchen with Stiles following close behind him.

Stiles followed Noah into the kitchen, and situated himself at the counter watching as his father got the ingredients out for the pancakes and set them in front of them. Isabella motioned for Scott to follow her to the lounge room so they could wake the others. They didn't need to do much waking though, they did have to sign more to Jordan who's hearing wasn't great first thing in the morning.

"Morning," Isabella said signing at the same time as she kicked Jordan's feet jolting both him and Derek awake. "You would have ended up like that even if we were at yours," Isabella signed motioning to the fact that Derek's arms were around him.

"Morning," Jordan signed back before pushing Derek's arms from around him but relenting and leaning up to grab hold of Isabella with a smirk.

"Hey Isaac," Scott smiled at the fellow yawning teenager. Isaac responded with a sleepy smile as he moved into the sofa. "Come into the kitchen, the sheriff's making pancakes,"

"Isabella said we're going to do something special today," Stiles was telling his father as he sat watching every little move that he was making.

"What are you going to do with her?" Noah questioned as he made the first batch of pancakes and put some on plate with some chopped up banana before placing it in front of Stiles.

"I thought we'd all go to the petting zoo," Isabella said signing at the same time, which just earned her father shaking his head at her. "What dad?" she, Derek and Jordan had joined them in the kitchen.

"Petting zoo has the baby goats," Stiles said not looking up from eating the banana that was on his plate.

"That's right," Scott smiled, he remembered the petting zoo from when they were kids it had been where Stiles had met Lydia.

"Derek, come too?" Stiles questioned, Isabella looked at Derek and nodded at him.

"Yes, Derek will come too," Derek answered, watching as Isabella handed Jordan his hearing-aids.

Isabella then added that Jordan, Scott, and Isaac would be joining them if Stiles didn't mind. Stiles was happy as long as they got to spend time watching the baby goats. When they got to the petting zoo, Scott took Stiles and Isaac to the baby goats. Stiles looked at Scott and then at Stiles trying to decide who's hand to take and pull into the pen with him so that he could pat them.

"Both come in?" Stiles questioned, holding out both of his hands as he looked at the animals. Isaac tentatively took his hand while Scott juggled the bags of food into one hand before taking his other hand.

"We'll both come in," Scott smiled at him before Isaac opened the little gate and the three of them walked in finding a quiet area of the pen for Stiles. "Here Stiles, hold out your hand and you can feed them," Stiles dropped both Isaac and Scott's hands before he held out his hand for Scott to put some of the food carefully in it.

"Like this," Stiles said before he held his hand out for one of the baby goats that was standing on a haystack. Isaac nodded, while Scott and he both put food in their own hands to feed them.

"Scott McCall?" A voice questioned, from outside of the baby goat pen.

"Yes?" Scott turned around but not before motioning for Isaac to keep an eye on Stiles. "Mr Baker?"

"It's been years since you were here," Mr Baker said as he looked behind Scott to see Stiles and Isaac. "Is that young Stiles?"

"Yeah, last time we were here was a few years ago," Scott said, thinking back to the last time that Isabella, Derek and Jordan had taken them – they'd only been kids.

Stiles looked up from feeding the baby goats when all the food was gone from his hand, and looked at Isaac before he asked him for more food. Isaac nodded at him before taking some of the food from the bag that he had and placing it in Stiles hand. Stiles happily went back to feeding the baby goats with Isaac.

"You know mom's happy to have Stiles at the house, and Cora is too," Derek said as Isabella stood in between the two of them.

"You okay?" Jordan asked, both of them noticing that Isabella seemed a little off.

"Yeah, the last time we were here...was the year after mom died," Isabella answered, remembering Stiles' first panic attack and it had taken her and Noah to calm him down. Derek and Jordan both wrapped their arms around her, Jordan on her left and Derek on her right. "Stiles has been talking about the baby goats all week, that's why I decided to do it today,"