Chapter 9. 2011

CH 9 - 2011

Isabella, Derek and Jordan slowly made their way to the baby goats where Stiles was happily feeding them with Isaac and Scott watching them. Isabella watched as Scott taught Isaac the signs that she and Derek had taught him when he was 10. They were the basic ones like 'hello', 'how are you?' and the emotions that went with them. As it was a Saturday Jordan had decided not to put his right hearing-aid in, sometimes they just annoyed him more than anything.

"Hey, you okay?" Isabella turned to Jordan and signed seeing that he still looked slightly off from the night before, even more so than her being at the petting zoo.

"Yeah, just feeling slightly," Jordan paused in his signing trying to think of the words before Isabella simply wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey buddy," Isabella said turning around in Jordan's arms as Derek put his arm around Jordan's shoulder and pulled him close.

"Isabella," Stiles mumbled, slowly turning around but still holding his hand out for the baby goats right as one bit his finger. Stiles looked at Isabella and then at his finger and then back at her and held his finger towards her.

"It's okay, the baby goat didn't mean to bite your finger," Isabella said as she and Jordan both stepped forward as he refused to let go. Isabella gently took Stiles hand in hers and kissed the top of the finger.

"Curly fries," Derek whispered in Isabella's ear remembering that it was one of Stiles' favourite foods aside from sausages, cheese and bananas.

"Hey buddy, do you want some curly fries for lunch?" Isabella asked, still holding Stiles' hand as she led him from the baby goats to avoid a melt-down from being bitten. "Hey Jordan, you good to walk with Der?" Isabella asked, speaking close to his left ear causing Derek to realise that anything that he might have said in the last 10 minutes could possibly have not been heard.

Isabella took Stiles hand in hers and turned around to face Jordan again, this time repeating what she had said. Jordan nodded, so Derek swapped sides and pulled him closer as they walked. Isaac and Scott walking beside Isabella and Stiles as Isabella lead them to the food stalls.

"Curly fries," Stiles said looking around the stalls, his eyes trying to locate where the stall was.

"Yes, we're getting some curly fries," Isabella smiled before guiding him over to the stall with the curly fries. "Remember how to ask?" Isabella questioned, turning to face Stiles and seeing his eyes light up as he nodded. Isabella stepped aside and motioned for Stiles to step up to the counter as it was their turn. "Just like we practised okay?" Stiles nodded again and slowly walked up to the counter.

"Can I...have some...curly fries?" Stiles stumbled over what he was saying but managed to get it out before he stepped away from the counter and looked at Isabella.

"Of course, anything else?" the cashier asked, as Stiles grabbed hold of Isabella's hand not wanting to get lost.

"Can we have three Coke's, one orange juice, two lemonade's," Isabella answered, pausing as she looked at Jordan and Derek, Jordan mumbling something in Derek's ear with a smirk. "Also, three hot-dogs and another two lots of curly fries?"

After they got their food Isabella decided to let Stiles take them to where they were going to sit. Stiles chose the furthest table from everyone and sat down before saying that he wanted Scott to sit next to him. Scott nodded and sat beside him while Isaac sat on the other side of Scott. Isabella sat on the other side of Stiles, with Jordan and Derek next to her so that Derek was also sitting next to Isaac.

"Curly fries, and orange juice for Stiles," Isabella said putting the curly fries and juice in front of him, before putting the rest in the middle. "And the rest can pick what they want,"

"I'll do half curly fries, half a hot dog," Jordan signed knowing that Isabella would take the other half leaving the others to fight over what was left. He figured even if he was sitting on Isabella's left side, Derek would get the picture.

"Isaac, Scott? I'll take whatever you guys don't want," Derek watched as Jordan and Isabella split the curly fries and hot-dog in half, while Isaac took one of the hot-dogs, Scott took the remaining curly fries leaving the hot dog for him.

"Isaac pass me the lemonade?" Isabella questioned, glancing at Stiles who was picking up the curly fries and stretching it between his fingers before eating it. Isaac passed the lemonade down while everyone else grabbed what they wanted. "Hey buddy, what animal did you want to see next?" Isabella asked turning to Stiles as she ate some of the hot dog.

"The pigs," Stiles answered pausing before he launched into the reason why he wanted to see them. "Scott likes the baby pigs, they're called piglets,"

"That's right I do like the piglets," Scott smiled, happy that his best-friend remembered them from the last time they had gone that he liked looking at the piglets. "Isaac what do you want to see?" Scott asked, watching as Isaac pulled out his phone and opened up the note app before writing.

Isaac wrote 'Alpacas' and then showed Scott his phone who took it and showed Stiles who grinned before going back to the curly fries and finally having some of the juice. Scott handed Isaac back his phone and smiled at him. The only talking was from Stiles telling them about Star Wars and animals before they were on their way again to look first at the piglets and then the alpacas.

"How long has the hearing aid been bugging you?" Isabella signed, watching as Stiles tentatively took a step towards the alpacas before back-stepping and reaching for her hand.

"Last few weeks, I've got an appointment next week...come with me?" Jordan signed back, Isabella nodded before her attention was on Stiles.