Update on progress

Hey guys,

So as you probably know I've been away from Wattpad for a long time (over 3 years to be exact lol) and I've only recently gotten back into reading other books on Wattpad, mainly peaky blinders fanfics cause I'm unashamedly in love with Thomas Shelby hahaha. Anyway ever since I logged back in I keep receiving notifications for this book and messages from people asking when I'd be updating etc. and also asking how I am considering it has been so long since I last updated (thank you for your concern btw, I'm good! Even if I am going a bit mental with all this lockdown business. I hope you are all doing well xx).

So basically I felt like I needed to give an explanation to all those who have given this book such amazing support over the years. Nothing dramatic has happened and honestly, some people may be annoyed by my explanation but the main reason I have been unable to face finishing this book is down to pure cringe worthiness and embarrassment. I started this book I think when I was around 14/15 years old and it really shows haha. I'd never been in a relationship at that age and knew like next to nothing (experience-wise) about sex, men and even working in an office haha and honestly the immaturity of my supposed adult characters and their actions kill me every time I go back and try and pick up where I left off. The plot is also kind of all over the place at times and the idea of having to correct it while also simultaneously editing my cringey writing hurts my soul. 

I also struggle to read some of the comments cause it really sheds a light on how awful my writing is so that's why I tend to avoid getting back to peoples comments and also the fact that sometimes some of the comments or messages I receive aren't very constructive and sometimes aren't very nicely worded. But for the most part, the majority of people who have read this book are wonderful and I really appreciate all the support you have given me over the years and how you brought this book from only having a few hundred views to over 5 million. Never in my wildest dreams did I envisage having that many people read something I wrote in my spare time. So that's why I felt I needed to write this update so as to inform you of what's happening regarding this book.

I think at most I had only planned maybe another 10 chapters and I honestly don't think I will finish them. My writing has matured so much over the years and I would struggle to revisit this book and put myself in the mindset and writing style of my teen self to finish it out. I honestly just want to move on to writing what I enjoy versus forcing myself to finish something I'm no longer passionate about. But I also do not want to let everyone down, especially those who have been here for the whole journey and for those who newly discovered this book during lockdown.

So I was considering, that is if people would like it, where I just drew up a chapter with a summary of sorts of what I planned to happen in the coming chapters and how the book was supposed to end. Therefore giving closure to anyone who wants to see how the book pans out. If you're interested please comment here and let me know, thanks!

When I first set out writing this book I was so passionate about it and had, for the most part, a lot of it planned out. I really wanted to finish it and tie everything up with a neat little bow but along the way, this passion ebbed away and I don't think I'll ever be able to rediscover it for this book and for that I am sorry. I hope that I can gain back some passion for writing soon and that we'll all meet again in another book that I hope I will actually be able to finish and you will enjoy it just as much. I have a few things currently simmering but before I start sharing new books on Wattpad I want to first have written a few chapters so I'm ahead with my writing instead of writing on a chapter by chapter basis which causes a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes. I think I will also go for writing books with fewer chapters and maybe more instalments and therefore I'll feel less daunted. I've been really fascinated with (mainly due to Peaky Blinders) the late 1800s and early 1900s and was thinking of setting a book within that time period. As a side note, just wondering would any of you be interested in that era or am I taking a shot in the dark here haha? 

Anyway, I hope this explains where I'm at and I'm really sorry if I have disappointed anyone.

Thanks so much for reading this book thus far and I love you all to the moon and back xx

Edit: So based on feedback it seems as if ye are interested in me finishing out the book in some capacity i.e drafting up a sort of summary for the last few chapters. I would like to add that when I'm drafting a summary if I'm feeling inspired I might do out full chapters. Anyway im starting a graduate job next week so waiting to get a little settled with that and then I'll get to work on finishing this book out and potentially starting to write some other novels. Thanks guys for your feedback xx. I'll try and get back to any messages and comments over the next few days x