Chapter 11

After a rather nice weekend excluding the mishap in the gym I was back for another week of torture. But this time it was a different type of torture. For example Hamilton had been rattling on for the past hour about how important his upcoming meeting is but all I can do is picture him with his top off. Don’t get me wrong I still think that he is the most despicable human being in existence and I feel sick everything time I fanaticise about his body laying on top of mine but what can I do. It’s not like I like his personality I don’t think that that is possible anyway but girl can admire his physical appearance.

“Talia have you been listening to anything thing I have been saying” he growled and slammed his hands down on his lavish desk. His was dressed to perfection in a sleek suit, probably Armani. His hair was tussled due to him running his hands through it repeatedly. I noticed recently that that was a habit he had; particularly when he is stressed. Frown lines decorated his forehead and his eyes were as cold as ice. His muscles bunched together as he clenched his fists. I imagined myself slowly unbuttoning his shirt while he picked me up and placed me on his desk. I would grab his tie and pull him closer while tugging on his bottom lip with my teeth. He would then push me onto his desk and lean over my body while kissing down my neck. I sighed and slumped in my chair.

“Talia!” he shouted again and slowly approached me. He placed his hands on either side of my chair and leaned in. I swallowed, my throat was dry. “When I am speaking Talia I expect you to listen” he sneered. His arms were tense and veins were poking out of his neck. He slowly backed off and I sagged in relief. He gets so angry over the simplest of things. He is intimidating and commands respect from everyone. When he arrives in the morning you can see the fear on people's faces. He is the owner of this company and your job is at his mercy. He can easily send you packing without a second thought. He can leave the mafia but the mafia will never leave him. He still adopts the whole aggressive attitude even though he no longer belongs to that world now that he has been reformed or whatever.

He walked towards his large glass window and gazed out onto the streets of Paris. “Did you block Alexia’s calls?” he asked. I nodded but then realised that he had his back turned to me. “Yes” I croaked. His shoulders sagged in relief, but only slightly. Not many people would notice but I did. He is able to hide and control his emotions easily. I still didn’t know what was going on with Alexia. I couldn’t understand how someone like him could be scared or intimidated by her. She seemed pleasant enough to me on the phone. I just didn’t understand what was happening and truthfully I don’t want to get involved either. The story is interesting but none of my business. If Hamilton found me snooping around he would not hesitate in firing me.

After about another hour of a shouting Hamilton giving orders I felt a buzz in my pocket. I quickly took a peek at Hamilton who was standing behind doing some work on his Ipad. I slipped my phone out and checked it. It was a text from Cassio. I could feel myself grinning as scrolled through my messages and clicked on his. I hadn’t heard from him for a couple of days and I was worried about him not wanting to meet up. I know they say that the perfect guy doesn’t exist; well I have found it in Cassio. I nearly squealed when I read it. He wanted to meet for lunch today in a restaurant just down the road. I smiled and replied quickly.

“So who is Cassio?” Hamilton asked his hot breath fanning my ear. His musty cologne surrounded me, it was a very manly scent. I screamed and jumped in fright. I held my hand to my heart, it was thumping loudly, I snapped my head towards Hamilton and glared at him. He just raised an eyebrow and waited for my answer. “He is a vet” I said while shifting my eyes away from his piercing gaze. I felt awkward talking about Cassio with Hamilton. “So is it normal protocol for your vet to ask you out to lunch?” He smirked and crossed his arms. “And is that any of your business, Sir?" I scoffed and grabbed my notepad and stood up from the chair. My legs were a little stiff from sitting in the same position for so long. I barely moved at all the whole time I was there. Just sat there like a good employee listening to the demands of a spoilt CEO. Hamilton was like a lion stalking his prey and any sudden movements would send him on a rampage. I don’t get how a man like him can be human, it just doesn’t make sense.