Chapter 37

Recap:

I pressed the call button on my phone before I even had a chance to think it through. It rang twice before he picked up. "Hello" he answered in his deep, sexy voice. Automatically my legs turned to jelly and my insides melted until I was just a pool of liquid. Now the easy part is over, I just have to convince him to go to a dinner party which would promise to be pure torture.

"Hey Iver" I replied, mumbling down the speaker. I quickly ran my hand through my hair...god it needed a wash. Thank god he couldn't see me right now otherwise I'd have no date to flaunt in Alice's face.

"Talia" he sighed, I could almost see him smirking at the other end. "I didn't think you'd be the one calling me first, let alone a few hours later. Missing me already?" I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Oh ya my heart ache every moment I am away from you and your tender touch" I drawled.

"Is that a hint of sarcasm I detect? Tut tut tut mio caro, sarcasm is not very becoming of a young lady. It happens to be the lowest form of wit" he laughed.

"Well so is your face!" I sneered and then quickly slapped myself. Great comeback Talia, you should get a bloody reward for that piece of genius! A resounding and hysterical laugh pulled me from my thoughts, "Don't give up your day job Talia. You wouldn't cut it as a comedian!"

"HAHAHA Iver you are just wayyy too funny!" I exclaimed in an unnaturally high pitched voice. "Anyway I am in dire need of a favour. So could you be the nicest man alive and agree to what I'm about to ask you. I know that might be very difficult for you but it would make my day!" I begged down the line. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd beg Iver for something.

"For you, anything mio caro." I couldn't help the little aww noise I made at that sentence. It was unfair how cute and charming he could be at times. If I tried that I'd sound like a total creep.

"Anything? Right I need you to kill someone for me" I smirked; I couldn't wait for his reaction.

"That can be arranged. Are you sure about this?" he replied in a tone that was way too serious for my liking.

"Wait, wait, wait! I was only joking. Seriously Iver don't kill anyway. Jesus Christ! You were only messing right?" I asked nervously while biting my nail. "Ha-ha ya of course" he replied but he didn't sound so sure of himself.

"So here's what the real favour is. I'll give you the gist of the story. Basically Alice my sister is a right bitch and she saw the picture of us in the magaz-".

 "Wait what picture?" He asked, interrupting my explanation. "Shushh! I'll get to that later!" I scolded and then continued on.

"So anyway she saw the picture and was all 'you're such a frumpy, old, hag...there is no way that that Italian Stallion would ever be interested in you blah blah blah'. So I was all like 'fuck you bitch, this frumpy old hag is going to call Iver up and invite him to the family dinner tomorrow'. So here I am now inviting you. What do you say?" I exclaimed all in one breath which was quite an impressive feat.

"She called me an Italian Stallion?" he smirked. I couldn't believe him.

"Are you actually serious? That is what you took from my speech. She insulted me and called me a frumpy old hag and you only care about that stupid nickname. And it was I who came up with the ingenious nickname thank you very much! And before you ask, No it is not because you are a stallion in bed or even have the stamina of one, it's because you look like a horse!" I grumbled at him.

"You're full of quite the few compliments today, aren't you my dear" He sneered playfully. "You've hurt my feelings I think I'll just deprive you of my Italian stallioness and decline your dinner invitation!" My eyes widened in fear. There was no way I could face Alice and tell her that Iver wasn't coming. I'd never live it down. She would make constant jokes from now until eternity about it.