Chapter Nineteen - Bonnie

The only thing Bonnie could think was, what are they doing?

Chica and Freya were pinning Liam on the spot. He would've struggled, but if the shocked look on his face was any indication, he hadn't been expecting this. And try as she might, Bonnie couldn't move to help him. She couldn't even speak.

Moira laughed, then started pacing as Liam had been doing.

You could have been so useful, Liam. And you were, for a while. You kept the girls happy, you kept the place in order, and you didn't make me hire any more blundering idiots.

She twirled the remote thingy in her hand.

Useful little device, this. See, my husband was always concerned about the safety of his work. So nobody got injured. So he built a sort of ... control chip into the animetronics. So in case of an accident he could take over the situation. It's too bad that they malfunction so easily. Gave those fox sisters quite a bit of trouble. That's just another problem you've caused me, taking their chips out. Would've been a lot more of an issue if I hadn't locked them both in the backroom.

Liam cursed under his breath.

It wasn't too hard, really. All I needed to do was open the door, and they went right in. Curiosity kills a lot of things. Seeing the expression on their faces, she clarified. Physically, they're fine. Poor use of metaphor.

Anyway.

She pulled out a long, jagged, wicked-looking knife. Liam inhaled sharply.

Recognize this, do you? You would. She spun it in her fingers. Wouldn't be surprised if some of your friends' blood is still on this. They looked at her blankly. Huh. Judging by the expressions on your faces, you still don't get it. Liam, you like talking about this. Enlighten them. It'll make this much more interesting.

Liam just continued glaring a hole in Moira's skull.

Fine. I'll do it. Blah blah spirit-y mumbo-jumbo blah blah, I killed you all and your souls got stuck in the robots, and you've entirely forgotten who you are.

If they were human, they would have gone into shock.

That's why, Bonnie thought. That's why he said he felt drawn to us. That's why I trusted him from the start! We-

Wait.

She what now?

This is just delightful. You never once realized why you were so angry with everyone, killing guard after guard until one of them finally turned you soft. Just my luck it was you.

Great, now I'm rambling.

Liam spoke for the first time in a while.

You still don't get it. Go on. Try to kill me. See what good it does you. I do not fear death.

She laughed. See, this is what is going to make this all the more interesting. You might not fear your death, but they certainly do.

She tossed the knife at Bonnie's feet. You. You can do it.

Bonnie felt her voice unclench, only for a moment.

What?

You heard me. You do it.

I want you to kill him.