Chapter 16 - Blue Pickup Truck

It hadn't taken me long to convince Greg to drive me back home. My phone was still vibrating in my pocket when Greg pulled onto that gravel road but I wanted to confront Ashur face-to-face. When the house came into view I immediately saw Ashur sitting on the bed of his truck, his face buried in his hands. Wanda was no where in sight.

I thanked Greg for the ride and opened the door of the mercedes. Ashur's head snapped up when I shut the door and Greg did a quick U-turn and drove off to leave Ashur and I completely alone.

"Is she gone?" I asked.

He gave me a sad look and nodded. I approached him and he made a move to get off the truck bed but I motioned for him to stay there. I sat down across from him, crossing me legs together.

"Katie, please let me explain." his voice shook with emotion and I wanted to reach out to him but I needed answers first.

"What happened?"

"I went in and she had already picked the lock. She just started to kiss me and I was so shocked I didn't stop her right away. I never wanted anybody else but you Katie. I've never felt this way about anybody before. Not even Wanda when I first recognized her as my mate. You have to believe me Katie, I didn't kiss her. Please!" he begged.

He slumped down and placed his head on my lap, his body shaking with unshed tears. I ran my fingers through his hair to try to comfort him but he finally released all his emotion and let out a sob. Ashur wasn't the type of guy who ever cried. I doubt he had even cried when Wanda rejected him.

"I love you." he gasped out between breaths. "I love you."

My heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat. Finally, he admits it, my wolf said to me. I promptly told her to shut up.

"I love you too, Ashur Redwood." I whispered.

His body stilled and and rolled over onto his back to look up at me. As soon as my senses came back to me at Greg's place I realized that Ashur had no way to let Wanda out of her chains without the key so she must have escaped somehow and surprised him. Plus I knew Wanda's coniving ways. I should have known something was wrong right from the get-go but my stupid heart wouldn't listen to my brain.

The wind picked up suddenly and I saw Ashur's nose wrinkle up in disgust.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "Its seems we've both been kissing the wrong person tonight. But how about we fix that right here and now?"

He took me into his arms and readily agreed. He rolled us over so he loomed on top of me. He kissed me hard and once again my body reacted to his every touch. He might as well tied stringes to me and led me along like a puppet.

I slid my hand down his pants and his stiffened, his breath coming in short gasps. I slid his pants off and then mine as his eyebrows shot up at my bold move.

"I don't want to go too far." he warned.

"Go as far as you'd like." I said pulling him against me.

--------------------------------------

The sun started to rise when Ashur and I finally climaxed and we yelled out together. He rolled over beside me, all his energy spent. We were both breathing heavily and sweating but he pulled me back against his chest and nuzzled my neck.

"We didn't use protection." he said after a moment's thought.

"It's okay. Rosaline gave me a pill. It works for a couple of months."

He groaned and I was confused by his reaction. "What's wrong?"

"You don't want kids?"

My mouth fell open and it was a few minutes before I could reply. "Uh, not right now. I'm only eighteen." I reminded him.

"But -"

"Soon. Give me a couple of years and then I'll give you all the pups you want."

He pressed a kiss against my shoulder and I smiled in contentment.

"Ashur." I said.

"Mmm."

"Never get rid of this truck."

He laughed and tugged me closer. "Anything for you, love."