Chapter 8 - Kissing has Consequences

My lips crashed against his and he was so shocked that he didn't respond at first, but it didn't take long for him to kiss me back. At first I was the aggressor, pushing him for more but his power quickly overrode mine. One of his hands gripped my waist while the other went up my shirt, his fingers brushing my stomach before venturing higher and stopping just short of my bra. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance but I denied him because I wanted to tease him a little. He nipped it instead but I still refused and he groaned then grabbed onto my breast, making me gasp. He took full advantage of my surprise and slid his tongue in my mouth. Our lips moved in sync and I wasn't surprised to find that Ashur was an amazing kisser.

I had kissed a couple of other guys before and I never felt the way I did now. I was practically burning I wanted him that badly. He pulled away so we could both take a breath but he just moved from my mouth to my neck.

"Ashur I -" I whispered breathlessly. "We should stop."

But as I said this, my hands roamed up his shirt, exploring his huge, muscled body and playing with the button of his jeans before undoing them and pulling the zipper down.

"Your actions speak louder than words, baby." he mused.

I panted, trying to stop my hands from having a mind of their own but my wolf was coming out and she wanted Ashur. Now.

I rubbed him through his jeans and he groaned, leaning into my neck and gripping my hair tightly.

"I can smell your arousal." he growled. "And my wolf really wants to take you right now and claim you as mine."

He breathed in my scent but he abruptly stopped and pulled away, leaving my wolf angry and disatisfied. He shook his head as if to clear his thoughts before giving me an apologetic look. I was confused as to why he stopped and a little hurt. Didn't he want me?

"Don't look at me like that." he said huskily. "I am two seconds away from throwing you into my bed and staying there with you all day. But I can't and we both know why."

I sighed and ducked my head so he couldn't see the blush that crept up my cheeks. "I'd regret it in the morning." I mumbled.

He tilted my chin up and made me look at him. "That's nothing to be ashamed of Katie. I think it's admirable you're waiting. I'm actually glad, because then I can have you all to myself."

He grinned as if he liked this idea very much and I couldn't resist teasing him.

"Who says you're going to be my first and my only?" I asked. "For all you know I could be seeing another guy too. We aren't dating you know, so I can have sex with as many guys as I want." he declared.

His body stiffened and he popped his jaw, giving me the darkest look I've ever seen in my life but he grudgingly nodded his head.

"I guess you're right." he said forcibly. "But that doesn't mean I'll let you. I've already grown attached to you and I already feel like you're mine. Let me tell you something about rogues Katie." he leaned in dangerously close, pushing me back up against the wall and pressing his body against mine. "Once we get attached to something, we can't let anybody else have it. We're extremely possessive, even more so than alphas. This is why people think we are so dangerous. If you mess with what's ours...we'll kill you. And you are mine, Katie."

"No I'm not." I denied playfully. "I don't have your mark, and you haven't claimed me."

"Yet. I will, just wait."

"Is that a threat?"

"No, a promise."

He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and grabbed onto my ponytail.