Chapter 9 - Temptation

I was fully naked, scrambling back on the cold tile of my front entrace and I didn't take one breath to stop screaming. I was hoping that my dad would wake up and by some miracle, through sheer adrenaline he would be able to defeat Greg and get him off me.

But something much, much better happened.

My front door flew open so hard and fast that the hinges literally broke off and the door collapsed to the floor with a big bang. Through my vision, hazy with fear and tears I knew it was Ashur. The fight between him and Greg lasted all of two minutes. Ashur is a little older and more experienced, and also a lot stronger. But the weird thing was that before Ashur was able to deliever a heavy blow that would have knocked him out, Greg fell to the floor in a fit of non-stop convulsions. His head smacked against the floor as his body spasmed until he finally stopped and his body sunk with exhaustion. He was out cold. I was too scared to question it though.

My dad however was just starting to come back. He looked around dazed for a minute as Ashur knelt down next to me and wrapped his leather jacket around my shoulders. My chest hurt with the effort to keep my sobs at bay but as soon as he gathered me in his arms I started to sob into his chest.

He stood up and proceeded to walk towards the front door but my father halted him.

"Hey, where are you going with my daughter?" he demaded.

Ashur whirled to face him, still holding onto me. "I'm going to take her to my place, where there will be somebody who is able to protect her." he snapped angrily.

My father looked crestfallen. I couldn't help but to give him a watery smile and a little apologetic wave as Ashur walked out with me.

"I'll be back Daddy. It's okay. I'll call you later, I promise. I love you." I said loud enough for him to hear.

The entire drive, Ashur gripped the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white and he was griding his teeth together in anger. When we came up to his house a little while later he was still furious and he slammed the truck door before getting me out and guiding me inside. He slammed the front door as well and I jumped.

"Sit down and wait here for me. Lock the door. I need to go for a run before I can talk or I might do something I'd regret later." he ordered.

I just nodded and locked the door after him before sitting down on the couch. I folded my legs under me and grabbed a blanket that was hanging on the back of it before wrapping it around me. I guess this is what people are warned about when confronting rogues. They have serious anger problems.

I sat there and tried not to think about what had just happened but it was impossible. My mate had tried to rape me. My father couldn't protect me. What was Ashur even doing there? It's not like I'm complaining or anything, but why did he just show up randomly when he had just dropped me off? And what the hell happened to Greg? It was like he was having a seizure. I felt uncertain about everything that had transpired today. I was physically and mentally exhausted.

I got up and wandered around the house for a couple minutes before I finally found a bedroom. It was completely plain and bland. The walls were white, the bedsheets were a light grey and the floors were cherry hardwood. There was nothing to show the personality and the hobbies of the peron who occupied it but since it was the only bedroom in the house I assumed it was Ashur's.

I dropped the blanket on the floor and crawled under the cool sheets. I was so tired that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

---------------

His hands were outstreched towards me, reaching out with sharp claws. His face was twisted into a mask of cruel intentions and I wanted to scream but my voice suddenly stopped working.

"See what happens when you're not with your mate?" Greg rasped out.

As he spoke, his body shook in the same convulsions as he had earlier and saliva dripped down his chin. His eyes looked completely crazed and helpless.

"You go fucking crazy!" he raged.

I gasped and woke up. The room was dark so I knew that it was night. My breaths came in ragged gasps and I was sweating which made the sheets cling to my body.

"I'm sorry if I woke you."

My head snapped towards the corner in the room and Ashur casually came out of the shadows.

"You didn't." I whispered.

He gave me a knowing look but didn't ask any questions, which is a quality I love in Ashur. He knows what's wrong but he doesn't demand to know why, he gives you your own time to tell him.

He sat down beside me and the mattress dipped down with his weight.

"How long were you gone for?" I asked.

He shrugged. "An hour or two. It nearly midnight now. You were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you, so I just kept watch."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I kind of took your bed."

He smiled. "It's alright, I'm not tired yet. I can sleep on the couch anyways."

I remembered the puny little couch out in his living room and did a once over of Ashur. Half of him wouldn't even fit on that thing. Besides, I was terrified of sleeping alone tonight. He got up to leave and I grabbed desperately onto his arm.

"No! Stay here tonight! Just for tonight." I begged.

He stopped and looked down at me for a long minute before giving a slight nod. I let him go and tried to look away as he stripped down to his boxer briefs. He slid under the covers next to me and it was only then that I remembered I was naked. I hugged the sheets to my chest, making sure that not one part of me was showing. It was ridiculously childish of me.

Ashur shifted so that his back was facing me and I followed his example to get rid of the temptation I would have to resist the entire night.