Chapter 4: Cinderella?!

______________________________

"Ah Chiminie," he spoke when he had finally calmed down, "she makes me want to have a younger sister too!"
______________________________

IT had been quite a few days since Jimin had left for the academy and
Y/N and Ella missed him a lot. But they understood that their brother had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders now and would require their support.

Dusk had settled and Y/N felt extremely tired due to all the chores she had done throughout the day and decided to go to bed early.

Her mother was going to make Ella do all the work and she couldn't see that happening. So she stepped in again and divided the household chores with her step-sister.

Y/N stiffled a yawn as she made her way towards Ella's room. They'd began to share it after the first night because the latter would not allow her to sleep in the drafty attic.

She opened the door only to find Lucifer the devil sitting on the bed. Too tired to even scowl, she purred out the words in her sleepy state, "Lucifer, can you please go to your own room? I'm really tired and I don't think we can share a bed, we're going to have space problems."

To say Lucifer was shocked at the tone she used with him would be an understatement. The poor cat's fur stood up at its end! But he shook it off and slyly jumped of the bed, just as
Y/N crashed onto the mattress.

She instantly fell asleep, her breath evening out and face relaxing.

The cat felt the girl's exhaustion before he could see it and he walked towards the door, jumping to lock it, before falling asleep by Y/N's feet.

A few hours later, Ella made her way to her room, only to find it locked. She was shocked, because Y/N never locked any doors. She proceeded to knock thrice but there was no response from inside.

The blonde sighed. The attic was too cold to spend the night in, so she decided to lay by the dying embers of the hearth, falling asleep almost instantly, for she too was very tired after the day's work.

_

Ella woke up later than usual and rushed to get the breakfast ready. Y/N
hadn't woken up yet and she wanted to let her rest some more because the girl wasn't quite used to working so much.

"I thought breakfast was ready!" her step-mother came into the kitchen, yawning.

"It is madam, I'm just setting the table." The Lady had asked Ella to call her that instead of step-mother.

"Next time, can we please not be called till it's set," she sneered and walked away, proceeding to sit at the dining table.

Ella diligently set the table. Jennie was already seated by the time she had entered the room.

"What's that on your face?" she frowned, staring at Ella.

"What?" she did not quite understand.

"It's soot, from the fire place! You shouldn't be walking around food with ash on your face, what if it falls inside?" Jennie's pointed stare was still directed to her face.

Ella flushed with embarassment, as she began wiping her face.

"Do go and clean yourself, Ella. You'll get cinders in our food," her
step-mother cackled. "Maybe I should you Cinderella!"