Chapter 12: Doctor? Doctor.

____________________________

"Woah! Is that your way of confessing? But you haven't even told me your name yet! What if you turn out to be a dangerous stranger, huh? What will I do then," Yoongi teased, his smirk creeping back onto his face.

"..."

She punched him.
____________________________

WARNING: a bit hand wavy medical science, hopefully very little.

YOONGI and Y/N were walking towards the royal palace.

The prince would break into laughter every two minutes while she shot him irritated glares—it did nothing except make him laugh harder.

The reason for his amusement was the same as that of her annoyance.

Y/N was currently regretting her life decisions. "Getting punished for harming royalty would have been much better," she grumbled dramatically, setting Yoongi off again.

She was itching to punch him once more, and this time, square in the face. But she calmed herself down with the reminder that it was what got her into her predicament in the first place.

She had punched his arm as hard as she could. When the ebony-haired menace had doubled over in what she assumed to be pain — fairy godmother knows how much she wanted to kick herself for that — the realization of what she'd done had struck her.

She had rushed towards him, eyes wide and apologies tumbling out of her lips, only to jerk to a halt when he lifted his face.

His eyes were glossy with tears — only they were born of mirthfulness.

He had doubled over in laughter, not pain.

And he was laughing at her.

Nothing she did affected him like he affected her.

There was a knowing glint in his eye...

...like he could see through her easily, no matter how many guards she put up.

...like he knew something she didn't.

...like he could make out exactly what the tangled-up emotions that controlled her actions were.

He was teasing her.

But what further irked her was her reaction; an instantaneous wave of surprise, shock, and relief washed over her.

And he knew.

He knew that she only felt glad he wasn't hurt.

He knew everything.

He knew.

He knew he made her heart clench.

He knew he held power over her emotions.

He knew he stirred her up.

He knew she liked him.

And he knew it was a lot.

He also seemed to know that the way he was staring at her made her insides twist.

But he didn't seem to know the tinge of bother that laced all her thoughts.

She was...bothered, wasn't she?

Bothered that he could read her so easily.

Bothered that she would often wear her heart on her sleeves around him.