Chapter 8: Plans, Plans and More Plans

_____________________

After observing Y/N for the months (and that afternoon), Jennie had no doubt she would try to sneak Ella to the ball. To make up for her actions, she would do her best to help them.
_____________________

Y/N and Ella were sitting on the former's bed, brainstorming how to sneak the latter to the ball. Although half an hour had passed, they had yet to come off with something promising.

Finally, Ella brightened up as a thought struck her.

"If step-mother doesn't want to spend any money on my dress, we'll just have to make one!" she squealed. "You're an amazing designer, so I know we can do a good job."

Y/N gave her a tight-lipped smile but internally, she felt as though someone had punched her in the gut. She knew how the dress would end up but seeing the blonde rambling away in excitement, she didn't have the heart to tell her it wouldn't work.

'Screw it, I will make the dress and figure something else out.'

Y/N knew the story so she also knew that Cinderella's fairy godmother saves the day, but she wasn't sure that it would still unravel the same way. After all, she had been transported to this world which meant that the story had changed significantly, she couldn't be sure of how the variables changed alongside it.

'So I have to plan everything out carefully,' she decided grimly.

"I have just the dress in my mind!" Ella gushed, blissfully ignorant of the thoughts swirling around in Y/N's head. She walked to her closet and picked out a pastel pink tulle gown.

"This used to be my mother's," she told the latter. "I think we can work on this and bring it back to life."

Y/N picked up her notebook and after seizing the dress up, she began sketching furiously, the sound of graphite rubbing on paper echoing loudly.

"Satin...tulle? Hmm...pea-no that wouldn't match...pink... rhinestones? Crystals?"

"What are you on about?" Ella asked the raven-head, slightly confused by her mumbles.

Instead of answering, she only stared at Ella, contemplating what would fit her best. Then, she jotting things down

The blonde shook her head slightly before peering over the raven-head's shoulder. At that very moment, the latter straightened up and throwing her hands up in the air, yelled, "I'm done!"

One of those hands hit the former square in the face and she shot a glare at her smiling sister.

She only pointed to the notes written in her pretty handwriting:

#1 Waist cinched with a piece of fabric tied behind the back in a huge bow

#2 off-shoulder straps

#3 net shawl attached to the bow at
the back, covering shoulders

#4 shimmering tulle outer skirt

#5 rhinestone necklace

#6 pink satin to cover the shoes