Defiance

Each squeak tore at my heart until tears blinded my vision, but I met his gaze regardless. This was the only way I could rebel, by staring him down while he made her scream in ecstasy. At first, it unnerved him, but now he found it amusing. Still, if I stopped, I'd admit defeat. I refused. He might hold me prisoner, but I wasn't defeated. I wouldn't let him break me because that's what he wanted.

If I tried to beg, I believed he'd let me touch him. If only because it would hurt me more when he had sex in front of me again. So, I never tried. Why torment myself more? Since I didn't try to move, he no longer tied me to the chair. I had an idea, something that might irritate him, and I planned to try it once he finished.

The woman my mate used to torment me screamed her pleasure and he kissed her once he grunted his. After they swapped spit for several minutes I huffed and he raised his head to glance at me with an arched brow. There was amusement in his eyes since I never made noise. I could, I just couldn't speak. I knew Morse code, but I doubted I'd remember it for long if I tried to make noises to mimic it.

Still, when my mate left his panting bed partner in favor of approaching me, I swallowed my heart and met his gaze with a bored stare. I held up six fingers and he quirked his brow, then tilted his head. I pointed at his woman, she was new, and showed him six fingers again. His eyebrows disappeared in his shaggy bangs and I huffed to convey my irritation with his boring show.

"My score tonight is six?" He drawled with curiosity and I nodded. Amusement filled his eyes, making them glitter and I swallowed my sigh. With his golden skin, shaggy blond hair and deep blue eyes he was gorgeous. More so when he smiled. His face was strong, his lips the only soft thing about him. They looked like the doors to heaven and I yearned to taste them. My sisters told me kissing your mate could make your body hum with pleasure. I wanted to experience it at least once before I died, but knew that to be a pipe dream.

Alas, when my mate dipped his head so his lips were inches from mine, I tried not to lose myself to the sweet smell of his breath. Mint and chocolate wrapped around me, sweet and dark. Cinnamon clung to his skin, giving a bit of spice to his scent and filling me with the desire to cover my mate in sugar. No matter how much my mind hated him, my body burned with desire. His scent made my mouth water and my body trembled whenever he looked at me for more than a second.

"Have I ever scored a ten?" He asked, his breath blowing across my lips and I shivered before shaking my head with a frown. "Hmm," he purred and my insides fluttered. "Last night?" I showed him seven fingers and he smirked. "The night before?" My expression grew bored and I yawned before displaying five fingers and he chuckled. The sound was low, and caused desire to pool in my belly. I wanted him to see me as something other than the thing he desired to torment for whatever reason. I still didn't know what I did to deserve this punishment, but I refused to lie down and take it.

"My apologies for boring you," he whispered in my ear, chuckling when I shivered. "I'll strive to entertain you better in the future." His lips were centimeters from the skin of my throat when the woman on the bed sighed and I sensed his withdrawal before he moved. His eyes were cold once more when he met my gaze and I stared back with defiance. He was an alpha, yes, but I was the daughter of the strongest alpha. I bowed to no one.

All I had was time to think, and I decided I wouldn't let anyone break me. Not even my mate. Whatever I did, I didn't deserve his harsh treatment. But I wouldn't let him see how much it hurt. Nor would I draw attention to his negligence. If I died of starvation, well, he deserved to lose his tormented prisoner. How would he get off without an audience?

If I didn't have a bathroom attached to my tiny room, I'd have died of dehydration months ago since my jailer only brought water when he gave me food. Tap water wasn't my favorite, but it was water. Besides I was a werewolf, it wasn't as if the water carried anything that could kill me. Make me miserable, sure, but not kill me.