Chapter XIX: Back To You

"Whoa! You look good, girl!" Liam exclaimed as he stared at Selena.

She had locked herself in the bathroom for hours - cutting her hair to shoulder-length and bleaching it.

After almost running into someone who recognized her, Selena knew she had to change her appearance to at least make it harder for people to recognize her.

She didn't recognize the voice. Niall's description didn't help either. She just assumed the person was a previous classmate. At least, she hoped it was.

"Come eat dinner," Niall said.

"Thanks," she said, sitting down and taking bites off the food Niall had cooked earlier.

"Harry's not here yet?" Selena asked.

"Miss him already?" Liam teased.

Selena ignored him and just pointedly looked at Niall's direction. He shook his head.

It had already gotten dark. It wasn't like Harry to be out this late. He was usually already by her side when the sun had set.

"Did you find out anything today?" Selena asked.

"You think I wouldn't have told you first thing?" Liam raised an eyebrow.

Selena shrugged.

"Well, no. But I heard you guys had a fun afternoon."

"I got our IDs. You think it's a good idea to go there together?"

"Maybe the first few times we should so you can tour us around then we can go whenever each of us can after that," Niall suggested. "Of course you shouldn't go alone."

Selena nodded just as they heard the front door open and close. Harry walked in the kitchen a few seconds later.

"Hey, I found us a new-" Harry began to say but stopped and gaped when he laid eyes on Selena's new look.

He only recovered when he heard Liam's snickering beside Selena.

"Found what?" Selena asked, ignoring Harry's burning stare.

"Uh- I... I found a new place."

"You did?" Niall's eyes perked up.

"We can move in two days, I already made arrangements."

"Wait, we're moving?" Selena said.

"Good idea. This place is a dump. I mean, no offense, Sel, but it is shitty." Liam commented.

"Where'd you even-"

Harry cut her off, "This dude I work with knew this place so I went there today to check it out. It's better we keep changing houses while we're here so it's harder to find us anyway."

Selena pursed her lips but accepted Harry's reason. It's not like she had any attachment to this house. She hated being there and she was glad they were moving out.

She took another bite of her food instead of pushing them around her plate like she usually did.

"So..." Liam began, a grin already on his lips. "What do you think of-"

"I'm going to sleep," Selena announced as she placed her plate on the sink.

She passed by Harry, who was still by the kitchen door, without another peep.

However, the sound of gunshots suddenly pierced through the room. Harry immediately pulled Selena to him and pushed her down, covering her with his body.

Liam and Niall ducked at the same time.

One of the nearby windows shattered as a bullet hit it, showering the floor nearby with broken glass.