Chapter IV: Kinda Crazy

The dark corridor was descending. Selena could not see but she could feel the narrow path going downhill.

She was relying on Harry to lead the way. Their hands were tightly linked, ensuring each other of their presence and safety.

The soft shuffles of their feet were the only thing they could hear. And maybe the loud thuds of Selena's heart, but she wasn't sure Harry could hear it too.

A few more steps and Selena could finally make out a speck of light a few feet in front of them.

Harry picked up his pace, half-dragging her with him.

Selena could not take the silence anymore, "What are we running away from Harry? We shouldn't have left Gem. Maybe we should-"

"Don't worry about Gem. She can hold her own."

"I don't doubt that." Selena knew Gemma was a fighter. But she still worried for her. "We should've stayed and helped her."

"It's better that you're not there."

Selena scoffed, "What, you think I can't handle myself?"

"They're after you. They'd be out of her hair as soon as they realize you're not there."

Holy fuck.

"What about my family? What if they go after Papa, Mama, and Tori?"

"They won't touch them. It's part of their shit code or something. And even if they try to, I already have a few people stationed at your house to look after them."

Selena sighed in relief. At least she didn't have to worry about them that much. But Harry didn't see the curiousity that threatened to escape her lips.

The pair emerged from the hidden tunnel to the foot of a small hill. Selena looked back up and she could see the small silhouette of the Addington Estate in the distance.

Harry had let go of her hand and was removing branches and other debris on top of a small mound - underneath was a getaway car filled with a few supplies for situations like this.

A breeze passed by, making her shiver. She put her arms around herself and realized she had left all of her things back in the house. And it wasn't like she could go back to get them that easily.

So she just helped Harry and they left the moment they had uncovered the dark jeep underneath. When they reached a paved road, Selena spoke again.

"Where are we going?"

Harry kept his eyes on the road. "Another hideout. One they don't know I own."

"Who are they? You and Gemma keep talking about them but what the fuck are they?"

"I'm not really sure which one this time."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means there's a lot of fucking people after you now. There's the lost souls called the Damned. And a group of crazy humans I like to call dipshits."

"And they're after me because?"

"Well, Selena, one group wants you to grant a wish that'll kill you while one just wants you dead. Now are you done asking questions?"

"Why are you being such a dick? I didn't ask to be here! Your fucking friend pulled me into this shit!"

Harry pressed the brakes suddenly that they both would've launched out of the car if they weren't wearing seatbelts. "Because!"

Harry breathed heavily as he stared at Selena. They were in the middle of a dark road and only the headlights illuminated their surroundings.

Selena raised an eyebrow at him when he didn't continue. But Harry held his tongue and he started the car again.