How To Make A Wattpad Bookcover

Hey everyone! I can't believe its been nine months since I last updated this book! I'm so sorry!

        Anyways, today I wanted to discuss how to make a book cover. I hope that I help some of you that are unsure about how to make a cover and want to know how. Also, I'll be giving some tips on the best sites to use when making a book cover.

        The first step to making a book cover is to find the perfect cover photo. I usually go to www.weheartit.com to find the best cover photos but I've used Deviantart, Flickr, and even Tumblr. However, I've found that WeHeartIt has the best.

        So, now that you have found the perfect picture for your cover, you now need to save the picture to your computer. To do that, drag the curser across the picture, right click, and select 'Save Picture As...'. Type in the file name and click 'save'.

        Next, if you'd like, you can skip over to the last step and just upload the picture to Wattpad but I highly suggest that you edit your cover. My favorite website to edit my covers from is pixlr but I have also used Paint (if you have a windows computer), picmonkey, or photoshop. Once you're on Pixlr, upload the photo and have the dimensions set to 256x400 pixels. Now you are ready to edit your cover picture by giving it a title, sharpening the image, or give an image a background to name a few options.

        After, you've created the cover exactly how you want it, you'll need to save the image. Save it as a JPEG image and a file name that is different from the first one you chose.

        The last step is to upload the cover to the story that you desire on Wattpad. To upload the cover, go to Wattpad and click your "Works". There, there should be a list of your books that you've published. Click on the story that the cover is for and then click 'edit story'. At last, hover over where the cover should be (usually in the upper left hand corner) and upload the cover.

        I hope that this helped some of you guys better understand how to make a cover and not confuse you even more. If you have any questions or want me to clarify anything, leave me a message in the comments or PM me. Also, if you have any suggestions about what I should write about next, leave those in the comments too. Thanks so much for reading! I hope you all have a good day/night!

        ~Kim