Sessions

Amelia sat at the piano

Amelia sat at the piano. She played the same chords over and over hoping something would eventually pop in her head. She sang lightly as the chords played out. "The buttons of my coat were tangled in my hair in doctors office lighting I didn't tell you I was scared" she sang letting the words easily slip out. She stopped singing as she couldn't think of anything else.

She pulled her long golden hair back into a high ponytail. She looked at the piano keys wondering why she couldn't write the song. The piano made a loud noise as the girl slammed her head on the keys. "Come on brain can you work!" She said as she continually hit her head on the keys.

She didn't notice though that her time was over and she had gone way over her studio time. The girl had a lot on her mind since she found out the news about her health and she was scared and alone. She didn't have the money to be able to pay for her treatments and they were starting very soon.

When she got the news she cried. She wasn't scared of dying but of all the stages that she'll go through trying not to die. She was scared of the loss of hair she would have or the sickness she would have. She didn't want to be alone through all of this but she was.

Her parents died when she was fourteen years old. She grieved for many years and was stuck in an orphanage until she was eighteen. Once she had gotten out of the orphanage she immediately moved far away from the town and into the huge city of Los Angeles. She had a talent of writing poems and that soon turned into her writing songs for artist. She had successful sold many songs to different artist and was an award winning songwriter.

She was making a reasonable income but it was all now gonna go towards treatments she would be getting every two to four weeks. She couldn't stand the thought of something going into her arm that'll make her feel like complete shit but it'll help her somehow. She had her first appointment today and it already has a fee of ten thousand dollars.

She was quickly thrown out of her thoughts as she heard a voice. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt anything" it was a British accent and she immediately shot up feeling embarrassed that the man had seen her face down on the piano. "Oh sorry I was just leaving!" She said quickly grabbing her bag and phone.

"No please sit I get kinda lonely here sometimes" the man said and quickly sat next to the girl. The girl hadn't noticed who the man was until he sat next to her. He was Harry Styles. "Okay I'll stay for a little bit" Amelia said even though she was already pushing the time. "My names Harry" Harry said reaching out his hand. "Amelia" she said shaking the mans hands.

"I've been struggling with finishing this song for a while now and I was wondering maybe you could help" Harry said taking out some notebook paper that already had a few lyrics on it but not much. Amelia looked at the page and read some of the lyrics.

Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
Welcome to the final show
Hope you're wearing your best clothes
You can't bribe the door on your way to the sky
You look pretty good down here
But you ain't really good

"It's a little pathetic so far I know!" Harry said rubbing his neck nervously. "No I really like it so far!" Amelia said and grabbed the pencil from his hands. She quickly thought of some lyrics and wrote them on the paper.

If we never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets

She wrote it quickly and Harry looked at the lyrics loving every single one of them. "It would be cool if you started off with some piano chords and song quietly like this" the girl said and demonstrated her thoughts and sang the lyrics up to where Harry had stopped. Her voice was like an angels and it blessed Harry's ears. "I really like that" Harry said smiling widely.

The girl smiled at the boy as she was actually pretty proud of what she just did

The girl smiled at the boy as she was actually pretty proud of what she just did. "It would also be cool if for the lyrics I just wrote there would be an echo behind the lyrics so sing the lyrics like normal." The girl said and Harry immediately followed her instructions. He began to sing and the girl did exactly what he said and echoed him quietly.

They finished the lyrics and Harry and Amelia high fived quickly. "That was awesome!" Harry said excited. "Okay how about these lyrics!" The girl said smiling wide as she wrote the lyrics on the paper.

Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
We gotta get away from here
Just stop your crying
It'll be alright
They told me that the end is near
We gotta get away from here

The girl then played the piano again singing the lyrics beautifully. She was excited at how much Harry was liking the lyrics she was writing. She then stopped playing and Harry looked at her. "You are a lyrical genius Amelia where did you learn to write like this?" the girl looked at the boys dimples and she just shrugged "myself" is all she said.

She then felt her phone vibrate and she quickly got it and looked at who was calling. She was panicked as she saw it was the hospital. She quickly answered it and the means office lady chewed her out on being late to the appointment. Amelia apologized over and over and told the lady she would be there in a few minutes. She hung up the phone and then told Harry she needed to go as she was late for something.

Harry apologized for keeping the girl and she immediately shrugged him off. Harry got up and quickly hugged the girl catching her a little off guard. "Can I have your number I would love to finish this song with you!" Harry said and Amelia smiled and agreed and they swapped phones. They each made a contact for each other. Harry had put in his number and his contact name as Harry Styles with a winkie face. Amelia quickly put in Amelia Dillon and they traded back phones.

"I'll see you later then" Harry said and they gave each other another short hug. Harry had breathed in her cherry perfume and tried to hold onto that scent for as long has he could. He couldn't put a finger on it but there was something different about the girl that he hadn't seen in anyone else.

Amelia walked out of the studio feeling generally happy which she hadn't felt in a long time. Her happiness quickly drained away as she drove towards the doctors and quickly made her way inside. She ran to the desk and the rude office lady took her down to a room and sat her down on a chair.

A nurse then walked in and greeted the girl. "I just need to ask a few questions before we start and then you'll be ready to go!" The nurse said who was a lot nicer then the other nurse she had dealt with.

She asked the girl her age and the girl responded 22. She asked the girl how long she had known she was sick and the girl answered a month. She asked the girl if she had been throwing up at all and the girl answered only a few times a week. She had finished asking the girl questions and then hooked the girl up with a IV and started pumping the drug into the girl.

The girl felt numb as the liquid went inside of her. She had to accept that this is what every two weeks will look for the girl for a long time. She had to accept that she may not get better but she was trying and that's all she could do.

Hey everyone welcome to my first ever Harry Styles Fanfic I hope you all liked the first chapter! Please comment so I know you guys like it and vote!