Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*Raksha's POV*

By the time we got to the last place I was supposed to be at, Kankuro was dead tired-again.

"Can I go to sleep while waiting for you here as well?" he panted.

I chuckled,"Yeah, I've got a place near here you can rest in. We'll be staying the night so make yourself comfortable."

"Finally! No more running!" Kankuro cheered,"Where's the place?"

"Just a mile that way." I said, pointing to my right.

"Awww more walking?" he whined.

I chuckled,"Its not that far, Kankuro. My destination's not that way so you go on ahead and I'll be there tonight."

"Alright alright." he trudged off in the direction I pointed him in while I turned to my right and continued running again.

3 minutes later, I reached another little hut. I entered and headed to the back door-passing a small living room and kitchen. I opened the door to see a staircase heading down. I descended the stairs quickly and went through another dooe that led into a hallway. I walked to the door on the right at the end of it and entered.

Surrounding a large circular table in the middle of the room were the other Akatsuki members, minus Sasori and Deidara.

"Ah, Raksha. How kind of you to join us." said Pain cooly.

I shrugged and took my place next to dad.

"Now that we're all here, Raksha. You came from the Sand Village, correct?"

I nodded.

"And what're they doing today?"

I shrugged again,"Gaara's got meetings all day from what I could tell. Temari's on duty-as usual-and Kankuro's been assigned as my body guard."

He nodded,"Good, good. Everyone, you know where we'll be meeting tonight and tomorrow."

Everyone nodded but me.

I looked around, confused,"Uh, where are we supposed to be meeting?"

"Not you. You can go back to the Sand Village and do some... Damage control tomorrow afternoon."

I narrowed my eyes before leaning my elbows on the table and putting my head inbetween my fists,"Why don't you tell me what kind of mission Sasi and DD are on."

Dad placed his hand on my shoulder,"Raksha, now's not the time. No one's allowed to tell you. It could jeoperdize the mission and our plans. I'm sorry."

I looked at him,"Your kidding right? I'm apart of this team as well, you know. I have a right to know!"

"You remember the deal we made, when I offered you to become a member the first time?" Zetzu spoke up.

I looked at him now, puzzled,"Um, not very well."

"I do believe I said that you would owe me a favor for all of the training. Or something like that."

I nodded,"Ok... And?"

They all exchanged glances.

Dad stood up, slamming his hands on the table,"Absolutely not!"

"We can't do it without her." Kisame said.

"I will not go along with this." Itatchi said furiously.

"What's going on?" I stood up as well, ready to fight.

"Raksha, Itatchi, calm down now." Pain ordered.